Hi, I need help in scripting please help

Ok, hi so I need help with scripting since I’m really bad at it! And I really want some tutorials on how to script!
But don’t send Alvinblox tutorials since he doesn’t really explain it that well.

1 Like

For me I’m fine with Alvinblox but there’s still some things I don’t understand.
So I’m gonna watch this guy.

His name is thedevking and he has an advanced tutorial as well and also a ui tutorial.
Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hey there, please view other similar posts first here in the DevForum before making your own post.

There are many YouTubes out there who teach scripting, while I agree that some may be confusing like pea factory to me you can always just watch videos or use free model scripts and edit them.

While it does suck it will help your brain understand many things about scripting and soon you will be able to memorize functions and many things in your brain.

1 Like

There are many tutorials,

but I believe a better idea is to try to learn from, instead of following one without any idea of what’s being done.

Also again, @napsu2 check out my compilation above, this discussion has taken place far too many times to be discussed again, sources, tutorials and opinions have been shared in about 49 other threads for you to access.

1 Like

I’ve checked them before but they don’t really help… Thanks for trying to help though!

All the tutorials in the world can’t really help you learn scripting. They certainly do help to some extent by teaching you the basics, but tutorials probably almost never provide content that is customized to your project and their makers likely have a different style of organization or scripting compared to you. You may find it more useful to actually toy around with the API itself and gradually find out how each function, event etc works in Roblox.

I personally like to refer to the Roblox Developer Wiki to find out more about the API, and the examples they provide help me greatly in finding out the context of its usage too. Of course, if you think a tutorial you find might help you learn about Roblox’s API, feel free to watch them too. At the end of the day, the idea is to make yourself know how to create your own unique things through your own scripting even if it’s configured off somebody else’s for your own needs; not learning about the functions the tutorial teaches yet not knowing how to use them.

Last but not least, have a look around the Developer Forum too: I believe many other posts regarding a similar topic you posted are out there as well.

As @LDHYA34750 said, tutorials won’t help you learn to code. I started off watching Alvinblox, but I found it didn’t help me at all. I started taking a look though free model scripts. Scripting only got easier with practice. I would search through scripts, write down terms I needed to know ,e.g., “local” and “RemoteEvents”, etc.

For me some tutorials help only if they explain it. And plus I don’t really know what local, RemoteEvents, if, or any of that stuff means.

Those things are essential to know for scripting. You can find it on the developer hub for Roblox.

That’s where the Developer Wiki comes into play: it serves as a hub for you to search up on the various API you are new to. I myself didn’t know what RemoteEvents were for until I searched it up. And of course, practice makes perfect; I learnt how to use RemoteEvents by making my own GUI to toggle changes on the server. Once you learn about a feature you never knew before, feel free to go to Studio and write some code to experiment and see how it works, then use it practically on a project or game that you’re working on.