HintService is a module that creates hints fast, yet very efficiently and smoothly.
This is basically the successor of Roblox’s deprecated hint objects, but way more modern and customizable. Here are some use cases for this: Announcements, Tips, Warnings, Reminders, Tasks, etc.
Themes were created to allow other user to share their hint themes with everyone and make them public and easy to re-use.
- Open up the module and locate the
- Insert a default theme module script (go into the DefaultTheme folder to find and copy over)
- Edit the the hint property table in the module to your liking.
- Change the name to whatever you want.
- In your
LocalScript, create a new hint and set additional settings, (eg. text and visible time)
- Call the
SetTheme()function on your hint, and insert the name of the theme.
- Broadcast your hint to the local machine.
- Playtest, and your done! It should work fine.
- Good job! I will use this in my game!
- Very good, though I have no use for it.
- It’s alright, could be better.
- This needs serious improvement.
- More API
- Better speed
- Something else (Reply)
- It’s already perfect!
(What type of api?)
Fill out this survey please: https://forms.gle/kwX8WkASs6BkqN1a6
I strictly ask you to give me feedback on this if you chose ‘could be better’ or 'needs improvement’
local HS = require(game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage"):FindFirstChild("HintService")) local NewHint = HS.new() -- Creates a blank, and new hint HS.HintAdding:Connect(function(AddedHint) -- Connect this to a function to detect when a hint is added print(string.format("The new hint that was added says '%s'", AddedHint:getLabel())) end) NewHint:setText("test") -- Sets the text of NewHint NewHint:setBottomCenter() -- Sets the position of the hint to the bottom center. NewHint:setTweenLength(5, 5) -- Sets how long the animations will last NewHint:setTweenStyle(Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear) -- Sets the animation styles NewHint:setTweenDirection(Enum.EasingDirection.In, Enum.EasingDirection.Out) -- Sets the animation directions NewHint:broadcast(false) -- Broadcasts the hint
I 100% recommend you use all of these external resources, I personally have had great experience with them.