[HIRING] Hiring Cheap Scripter

About Me

Hi! I am Chris. I’m looking for a scripter who is willing to put time forward to delag a UI system. It currently is very laggy and causes a long wait for players to join w/ no lag.

You can see my progress so far here

About The UI

The UI you would be remaking is a CAD System. This has many frames ( At least 10 ) and is extremely laggy as I never use any scripting procedures to lessen lag for some reason. (I know i’m crazy!)
So, I just need a scripter to make it less laggy.

Want to see a little bit of the UI? Click here

Payment

I am willing to pay up to 500. If you’d like more I can try to arrange something after I sell the system you remake. ( Of course, that’s after everything is scripted so please know that. )

Contact

You can contact me here on the Developer Forum or via Discord
@BxPanxi#9140.
or
roblox

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:
Also please note this is my first time hiring in here…

You really do want to hire a cheap scripter as your base pay is 75 cents when devexed.

You’re not going to find a scripter that will recode your system when they can’t even buy a 1$ lame burger from McDonalds with the pay.

You need to increase the payment by a lot and if you can’t, then you shouldnt be hiring anyone.

This isn’t inappropriate, just the truth.

11 Likes

Yeah I definitely agree, however the problem is that there actually are people taking such low payments. You’ll find them mainly on discord servers.

2 Likes

Is there any reason why you can’t use the Development Support categories? Not only is your offer a little lackluster (I’ll spare you the trouble of hearing why for now since a few others have commented), but I believe that you’re throwing away money for something you can do yourself with help at no cost. It doesn’t seem like you’re under any time constraint either and it helps for knowledge’s sake to learn new things.

Hiring a cheap scripter

By cheap I thought you were offering like 70k or something. I then notice you say 500. Your definition of cheap means free.

True, ridiculous amount of money for such a huge task. Also you have already programmed the CAD system, why don’t you just ask for help as @colbert2677 said? You also learn something from encountering the problems yourself instead of avoiding them.

He wants a cheap scripter and I wouldn’t say 500$ is cheap.

@Igotthemoney2212 Is it 500R$ or dollars?

@Kymaraaa
@yin_yang
@ScripterGo
@colbert2677
@EggYolked
@valchip

As I had said, this is my first time posting an hiring request on DevForum. I am not familiar with the average pay for hiring requests. I am personally used to 500 robux as a normal price because I often get people to come to me, as stated by @ScripterGo

I find most of my scripters/helpers on discord and they often request low payments such as this. I am sorry for any rampage or nuisance caused by this ( what is considered lame/laughable ) request. I would delete it, but I can’t…

Uh, the pay wasn’t really the point of my post though. You’re paying money for something that you can do yourself, while learning something in the process.

I am used to getting lectured instead of given advice because of my bad scripting ways, so I tend to avoid posting and just having another user do it instead.

One thing you may wanna keep in mind is that the usual workflow isn’t [do something] and then ["delag it"]. “Delagging” would take the same amount of time to do as it would for someone who knows what he’s doing to do it in the first place. Especially if the whole thing is a mess and the initial programmer doesn’t tend to stick to some scripting norms and common practices.

2 Likes

Well this can be a learning opportunity then.

You’ll find that there are a lot more experienced developers here, and they pursue payment similar to minimum wages (at a minimum) from the jobs and commissions they take. Especially if this is a part or full-time job for them. Payment fluctuates highly depending on the work being done so it’s very difficult to give you a guideline for appropriate rates.

Scripters usually makeup the largest percent of expenses for most dev teams. This doesn’t always hold true but the skill prerequisites to program efficiently is a barrier to entry for those learning the trade. It can require some intimate knowledge of hard sciences, like mathematics. You’ll see that they will usually command higher prices than builders, modelers, mesh-makers, animators, UI designers, GFX/VFX/SFX artists, or clothing designers, as half of those trades are visual arts. That’s not to understate the value of those developers or their skills, but is an observation about the prices you’ll see in portfolios on the DevForums.

As a result, you’ll find that when low-budget employers put out job ads they find it difficult to hire skilled developers. Sometimes they receive a hostile reception. DevEx rates are useful for visualizing the real-world value of robux payments. 500 robux is $1.75 USD. You may work for that sum, and may know others who do so, but for most cases, $1.75 is vastly undervaluing scripting work. And many scripters will outright reject jobs like this, as it simply isn’t worth the time.

My recommendation would be to spend more time improving your own skills so that you may do the work yourself (saving you R$ at the cost of time) or fund-raise so that you may offer a more appropriate sum for the work you need done.

2 Likes

It’s not really laughable. I would’ve struck gold if someone gave me 500 robux.
I don’t think that too many people on Roblox have enough money to the point where 500 is laughable.

1 Like

For the amount of work being done, the price is very very low. “Laughable” is a little harsh, but 500R$ is really little for such a job

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.