Hiring Scripter - Advanced Pet Animation & Follow Scripts

About Us

I run SkyReacher an established indie game development studio with experience shipping games over the past 9 years across Steam, iOS, Android, Amazon, Oculus and PlayStation. We’ve done work with partners like Marvel Games, 20th Century Fox, Dreamworks, Paramount, Warner Bros, Twitch and many more. We’ve begun work on Roblox games and we’re looking for scripting support for specific aspects to our games that can be used for scaffolding. Most of the desired needs will begin as small components to a larger project. The scripts should work outside of our main projects for source control and security.

About The Job

We’re looking for an experienced scripter who can assist with various aspects of our pet and object animation systems. Specific to this job we need someone who can write clean, reusable animation code for:

• Pet rotation and movement for following a player through the world while equipped. Movement should feel fluid and not rigid. We have code in place currently that “works”, but doesn’t meet quality expectations. Can provide benchmark examples of desired follow movement.
  • Pet movement walk/run animations: Various cframe-based animations that represent walk/glide/bounce movements. There are no rigs required. We have example CFRAME scripts working however we need to support gyro and follow movements with these scripts and they simply need additional polish.
  • Ability to animate pet’s height during animation to simulate impact of jumps. This particular task is not a mandatory aspect of this project but an exploratory one.

Scope of Work & Timeline

We are on a deadline to complete work by end of July so we’re anticipating up to a week’s worth of work max - my developers feel they can achieve it in under a week but are busy with other aspects of the game that are higher priority since we have basic animations that work but are not quite polished enough. We need a single movement script that should work with all pets while following a player, as well as approx. 6 animation scripts based on each type of pet being animated (i.e. hover, jump, walk, swim, etc.) - so anticipate 7-10 animation scripts.

Eligibility

Need to demonstrate that you’ve done complex or dynamic cframe animations in previous projects that are not stationary. Ideally worked on other pet-related games or puzzles.

Payment

Paying 60,000 Robux. Our preferred payment method is via Robux for ease of exchange, however we can agree to a different price for payments via Paypal. We will offer a contract for you to sign that will guarantee payment for the scripts you’ve created.

Contact Us

You can contact us here on the Developer Forum or by Discord (DarkViper#1337). When contacting please introduce yourself as a dev from the Roblox dev forum so I know what it’s regarding. I receive a lot of random messages.

Prefer applicants be 18+ or older to ensure proper transfer of ownership of code written. If under 18, may be flexible if we can have a guardian sign contract in your place. Must be over 13 in this case.

Thanks for reading!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.