[hitsquad] Interstellar

We are using CFrame.[/quote]

Really? I once made my own approach on it, but CFraming everything gave massive lag. This game appears to be running smooth in the videos. Good job!

We are using CFrame.[/quote]

Wait what? Whenever I use CFrame to move stuff it’s incredibly choppy due to latency and shiz. Please could you go into a little more detail and help a guy out ;D

Oh, and if you can pull this off… well, let’s just say you’ll be bigger than Gusmanak. And that’s saying something.

[quote]
Really? I once made my own approach on it, but CFraming everything gave massive lag. This game appears to be running smooth in the videos. Good job! [/quote]

Its all in the special oop magical hacks.

They’re using the CFraming Model API. The movement isn’t that realistic though which I feel kinda sad about.

Actually we aren’t yet as it is broken. What feels unrealistic about it?

It seems that movement is too “instant”, if I’m going left and I want to go right, I’d expect a transition regardless of how fast I move my mouse.

Fixed and will be put into the place later. Turning speed will also be based off of ship size which is not yet considered. (Small fighters will turn fast but big frigates will take time).

There added [hitsquad] to the title :slight_smile:

[quote]
Really? I once made my own approach on it, but CFraming everything gave massive lag. This game appears to be running smooth in the videos. Good job! [/quote]

Its all in the special oop magical hacks.[/quote]

Damn it man, tell us your secrets before I go insane trying to figure out how the hell you do it!

[quote] [quote=“Jobro” post=58706]

Damn it man, tell us your secrets before I go insane trying to figure out how the hell you do it![/quote]

Use :toObjectSpace() it makes life very easy.

[quote] [quote=“magnalite” post=58724][quote=“Jobro” post=58706]

Damn it man, tell us your secrets before I go insane trying to figure out how the hell you do it![/quote]

Use :toObjectSpace() it makes life very easy.[/quote]

Use CFrame:inverse() * vector instead :wink: makes you seem smarts!

In all seriousness its all about object management and creating a proper calculation pipeline.

[quote] [quote=“Madattak” post=59187][quote=“magnalite” post=58724][quote=“Jobro” post=58706]

Use :toObjectSpace() it makes life very easy.[/quote]

Use CFrame:inverse() * vector instead :wink: makes you seem smarts!

In all seriousness its all about object management and creating a proper calculation pipeline.[/quote]
Finally, someone who speaks my language!

Edit: Updates will no longer be posted here check out our website for more updates!

rbx-interstellar.com/blog/

This game is now free to play until Monday!

I hit play and I couldn’t steer the ship.

It’s all nice and stuff, but for some weird reason I was having very terrible framerate. It stayed at 10 fps no matter what in game quality was set. And it’s not like I have crappy system. It isn’t highest tier, but it’s decent.

I know it’s a fix that we’re working on. It should be out by saturday :slight_smile:

Here’s a quick update on Interstellar. We are working on the next update and the next update will push this project to alpha.

Alpha will have several star systems that you will be able to go to, trading, space stations that you will be able to dock in, and many more features!

Also, the access fee will be reduce to 35 robux (at full release the game will be free to play).

There is no ETA on the alpha release, but we will keep everyone posted. :slight_smile: