Host Your Own Virtual Meetups & Community Events

Recently noticed a lot of roblox endorsed star creators and developers doing robux giveaways, so I have a bit of a question.

For events such as game jams would roblox give hosts consent to offer monetary robux prizes for participants?

5 Likes

We’re clarifying this on the page now. Ideally, anyone who has experience with development on Roblox and is confident with teaching other people.

So currently, we’re only doing virtual events meaning that anyone from around the world can sign up for these events and attend.

The countries will expand as we onboard more event organizers. Towards mid 2021, as long as it is safe to do so, we’ll consider opening up in-person events and hopefully by that point we’ll have more event organizers from around the world. What you see now is only just the beginning.

We’re still looking into this, unfortunately, our tools aren’t the most advanced so we currently can’t reach out to users who have been declined but we hope to eliminate this in the future.
People are welcome to re-apply after a month.

10 Likes

The group is public now! :slight_smile:

Yes! Read here:

Yes, anyone over the age of 13 can attend the events

You’ll have to wait and see, I don’t have any information on that.

12 Likes

Thank you so much for your detailed response!

Oops, I put the wrong symbol! I meant <13. In the original post it says:

So does that mean that developers under 13 can attend virtual events?

5 Likes

Yes, it’s up to the Event Organizers where they want to host their events. However, they’ll most likely host events in their local area. So as we onboard more event organizers, there is a high chance you’ll see events in your area in the future

11 Likes

This is pretty awesome, I can’t wait to see how this turns out.
Good job to Roblox and Bevy for creating this! :clap:

4 Likes

Looks great, I’ll be applying for sure!

5 Likes

This is a great program for in-person meetups/events, however, I can see this failing for virtual events, especially events that relate to development. Why participate within an event when there’s content already available, probably better and way more detailed

For example, there is already a virtual event for Blender. This seems very basic and I can see more events like this popping up, and people won’t bother to attend.

If someone wants to learn how to use Blender, they will go to a source that’s already available.

Turnouts for online events that relate to development will probably be low and developers probably won’t bother after a while unless a studio has an active community. On the other hand, events for game jams, speaker/presentation, and panel discussions will probably be successful.

Hopefully, this will beat my expectations, but I can see this going sideways.

3 Likes

Pretty cool, I’d love to attend a virtual event.

Wow, that’s a pretty low requirement, pretty nice for the young developers!

I’m not at the age requirement to host events unfortunately, but this is an amazing opportunity!

2 Likes

Hi caaxam, I posted the event and just want to see who is in terested in the event. Therefore, I have kept it as simple as possible. I still hope that people can learn something. greetings kevini44

5 Likes

Will people under the age of 13 be able to attend in person events in the future but they must be supervised by a parent or guardian? Children also play Roblox, not just teens and adults.

1 Like

Yes, we work together with a third-party platform to bring you this new site. Products on roblox.com are fully managed by us, whereas *.rbx.com is for official products that are partially managed by trusted third parties. The split is made this way for web security reasons.

Both domains are owned by us and are safe to use! :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

Applying so I can run some Workshops on Project Management, I already do tons of tutorials. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Woah, this is cool! Pretty great way to connect with the world.

But would like to see an email subscription feature, so that you can hear about events without checking the website super frequently. And it’d also be interesting to see how frequently events happen and if this somehow develops further to pair with the upcoming creator talent hub.

5 Likes

Wow! I love this, this is good for developers who would love to socialize more in the community. I wish good luck to those why are applying, and maybe one day can’t wait to participate in one!:heart:

4 Likes

Wow, this is gonna be exciting! I doubt that I’d be able to attend an in-person event or meetup. I would, however, probably attend the virtual ones. A great way to entertain myself despite being at home quarantined. I’m genuinely interested in figuring out how this will turn out. Also, I wish the best of luck to those who applied!

3 Likes

Would anyone be interested in some sort of “animation” workshop for showing people how to animate in studio? I don’t know if I’m really up for this sort of thing but I’m just wondering.

2 Likes

I think this is very cool! But, meeting unknown people in real life wouldn’t be dangerous?

1 Like

Probably not. As with RDC and other development resources (including the Developer Forum) Roblox’s absolute minimum age for professional developers is 13.

Note that these events are geared for professional developers and are about development; they’re not for your average player who just cares about when the next Adopt Me! update is releasing.

Anyone going to the event would be (or would be acompanied by) a responsible adult, and IRL events would [very likely] be secured and held in a safe environment.

7 Likes

You can do that already! If you click the “Join” button on one of the chapters, then it’ll give you notifications about events in that particular chapter. You can join as many chapters as you are interested in

7 Likes