How can i can i make my path givers work on all type of scaled avatars?

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

So basically. Inside my obby. I got path givers i made from sratch. Only problem im having with them is how theyre positioned under the player.

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

As you can see from these two example videos. In the first one they work perfectly with my avatar scale. In the second they move down(Or either up sometimes) because i got a different scale set.

First

Second

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

Ive done some massive research everywhere. Hell even inspected the legacy path givers code to see how they did it. Sadly that code is so outdated i only got some minor help.

This is the code i use to generate a path under the player:

local P = Instance.new("Part")
	P.Anchored = true
	P.Size = Vector3.new(7,1,3)
	P.Material = Enum.Material.SmoothPlastic
	P.Color = self.Color
	P.Transparency = 1
	P.CFrame = Pos * CFrame.new(0,-game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character.LowerTorso.Size.Y*5-1,0)
    P.CFrame = CFrame.lookAt(P.Position,game.Players.LocalPlayer:GetMouse().Hit.Position)

Any help. Small/big would be really appreciated :slight_smile:

Can’t you just scale them to the maximum size of characters and the the player will naturally just fall onto the path. If not you can just create parameters of the minimum character size to the maximum character size. I don’t the exact size numbers off the top of my head though, sorry!

1 Like

Yea i could. But i dont want to force a scale onto the players. I want them to have a freedom if yknow what i mean. But it was a good idea thanks (:slight_smile:

1 Like