How can I improve this game concept and also come up with a name

Hello developers! I have a game that is in development and I need ideas for coming up with names, unique game mechanics, and monetization.

The Game
I am going to call the game the game for example. The Game is an open world shooter where people can come together and take down the terrorist who have set up bases and bunkers around the map to take over the jungle. Each base has their own unique traps, henchmen, and bosses. There will also be citizens you can protect in nearby villages/cities. This game is mostly about teamwork. In updates, there will be more avatar customization, more mobility, and Map expansions and more.

Monetization
I really don’t have a plan for Monetization, as I do not want to make the game pay to win.

In conclusion, I need help think of

• The Game Name

• More details and game mechanics

• Monetization

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sell gamepasses, but not enough for it to be pay to win.

I mean thank you for the suggestion but Idk if that’s gonna work.

1 Like

I personally like simple titles like Arsenal or Jailbreak. When you hear it, it just hard to forget about it. So, i recommend you use a simple title yet creative.

I really like your concept of what your game will be, there’ll be no problem with that.

I suggest you sell Gamepasses and Dev Products with a little to average impact on the game’s main storyline because you don’t want your game to be pay to win.

That’s all i can help you with right now, i bid you good luck on your game!

1 Like

For monetization, you could make different powers, like if you walk into a shaman’s hut, he’ll offer you products.

Short names are great for games, easy to remember and such.

Personally for a jungle shooter game, I like the name ‘Expedition.’ It’s the shortest thing I can think of relating to exploring the jungle and such.

Call it Vietnam insurgency rising and remember to drop napalm and defoliants everywhere.

Add an eerie vibe and lots of fog.

Gamepasses use special weapons that give you unique fun experiences

“Woodland is not safe”

It’s an open world game, do you know why people make open world games? so the players can have the freedom to do what they want, and the best outcome that should come from this is that, “if the player does it, it should work”. So, like, If I wanted to grab an explosive barrell, throw it at the enemies then shoot the barrell while it’s in the air, it should work. Think about what you would want to do in the game that could work and make it work. I think being able to fool the enemies could be fun, like, throw a rock at someone and make them think that their friend hit them with the rock and make the guy hit their teammate or something like that, or being able to throw a banana to catch the attention of an enemy and then be able to steal the intel the guy was supposed to protect without killing anyone. Keyword on open world games is freedom, you don’t want to tell the players to do this and do that, you want them to figure it out by showing them, even if you didn’t say anything… This will need playtesting, so be sure to make that, you can know all the tricks of your own game, but a new player might not.

For example, if a game says “shoot the zombies in the legs” at the beginning, then “shoot the legs” by a police officer, then you see it written on the wall “shoot the legs”, I mean you’ll achieve what you want, they’ll shoot the legs, but that isn’t fun, you’re making the player feel like a baby. If you, however, showed a saw that went through a zombie’s head that’s on the wall, with the zombie dead and the saw in the middle of it, then you make a zombie appear when they grab the saw and make them think of shooting the zombie with the saw, then congratulations, you made a tutorial that doesn’t feel like baby steps, you made a tutorial where they figured things by themselves, that’s a good game mechanic.

Well, two things: there’s a psychology on people where if someone paid something with money for something they will enjoy it more than if it was offered to them for free. If you chose between a t-shirt they gave you at a gamescom for free for participating in something, you’ll probably won’t wear it, compared to the t-shirt you yourself bought because you liked it.

What I mean by this is have an incentive to play because you feel your money’s worth, like welcome to bloxburg, that game needs robux to play, and the people play it because they paid money for it. So why did it happen? because of that psychology. In another example that is more clear, think about the difference between mobile games and console games.

Console games are way more fun than mobile games, right? that’s because mobile games are completely free and you feel like you’re achieving nothing, and the console games are paid, but make you feel like you have a reason to play it, one of the many being that you paid for it. An exaggerated price that would fit the game if it was of the best quality is 250 robux, but that’d make for a very elitist community and there wouldn’t be that many players. Then, the other one is making it 30 robux, which is not much but still filters a lot of your playerbase (which is bad), so how can we fix this?

Think about it this way. You want the players to buy the microtransactions, but you don’t want to scare them away. Around 1 out of 6 roblox players (this is not precise, it’s just speculation) tend to have robux to spend on things they don’t really care, so why not do this: Make that one player pay for an exclusive transaction, and allow that same player to transform the basic server into a VIP server, where every player gets to play the game in a VIP session even if they didn’t pay any robux.

You might think you’re not getting that much robux from it because you give VIP to some random people for free, but what you would be doing is making an advertisement of the VIP, which can make the players feel a reason to buy a VIP later on and turn other servers into VIP, making the advertisement inside your game like a demo for good things, so you get an ad for your game that the players can experience, and you get people to have a reason to buy it, it will spread like a virus!.

I’m thinking of it as something that you buy once and it’s spent, that it’s not overly expensive so it doesn’t feel like a huge loss but rather a fun investment.

ALSO, there is a few select players that have 100k or 10M robux (they tend to be devs) and spending 2k robux on something doesn’t seem like a huge loss but rather something that should have their money’s worth. For some, it can be something fun, for others, it needs to be an utility. How about this? you make a wall of sponsored games where the people who paid for 2k robux can put their games on that wall and catch the attention of players, you put advertisements in a small fraction of your game for people to buy some more expensive things like 2k or maybe 10k, I don’t know, consider the price as something cheaper and more useful than the roblox’s ads they put at the sides. This can be a bit shady, but honestly, as long as it’s not invasive or misunderstood as part of the game, it should be fine.

And what about the players that want to buy things for fun? some people want things now and would like to pay money even if they didn’t grind for it. I mean, I was thinking of being able to buy a helicopter but it feels like P2W, what about making a villain mode, where the person who buys the 2k robux thing can play as the villain, on which they control the enemies. Like that video where this guy speedruns minecraft and their friend tries to kill him with the AIs