How can I make my game not seem like a war game?

Hi there, I am @BenzGamingz, and I have made a game called ‘The New World’, which is a saying of British North America back in the day. In my game, you can work in jobs, buy houses, cook food to survive, duel, all kinds of things, and unfortunately, I believe people are assuming my game is a war game, as many people do, including people at first glance.

The issue is that not many people are playing my game as I hoped to, and many people are judging a book by it’s cover, unfortunately, I do not know what to do in this situation.

I’ve tried going through and making the description of the game look better as it is not a war game, but that only helped a bit.

If you have any advice, I’d be glad to hear it. Thanks for reading!

1 Like

You could change the GFX up or the thumbnail and icon. Not only that, you can make sure that it strays from a way type game by not having guns. That may affect your game a bit but it will definitely tell people that your game isn’t a war game.
You could also remove soldiers, because a lot of people will obviously associate soldiers with war.

May I ask why you don’t want a war type game?

1 Like