How could I trip a player?

So currently, most methods simply use PlatformStand or the Sit property of a humanoid. However, this commonly does not make the player look like they are tripping. Here is an example of what this typically looks like:
Platform Stand Example (gyazo.com)
(A person who trips in real life would start to lurch forward, with the head and torso progressively getting closer and closer to the floor until colliding.)
I’d rather the player fall down or rotate towards the ground realistically. How could I go about doing this? I have also tried adding BodyVelocity and setting it at both the HRP or the head, but it just moves the whole character forward.

Making an Animation for it may be more time-consuming but the results are better and it’s much easier?
just a suggestion

I thought about this, but having an animation to account for each angle the player could be pushed from seems tediously time consuming, and I’d like to achieve that result through coding if possible and use this as a last resort.

You don’t need to do every angle, just have it so it pushes on which way the player is facing, I don’t do much code in animation so I cannot tell you how.

Change the humanoid’s state to platform standing/seated and apply a vector force in the character’s look vector?

This is what I have currently tried, and it doesn’t cause the player to tip forward unfortunately, just yeets them in that general direction while they’re still standing through the whole process.

local players = game:GetService("Players")
local player = players.LocalPlayer
local character = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local humanoid = character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
local hrp = character:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")

task.wait(3)

humanoid.JumpPower = 10
humanoid:ChangeState(Enum.HumanoidStateType.Jumping)
task.wait(0.1)
humanoid:ChangeState(Enum.HumanoidStateType.Ragdoll)
hrp.CFrame *= CFrame.Angles(math.rad(-45), 0, 0)
humanoid.JumpPower = 50

This is working fairly nicely.

I solved this by using a Tween to tween the player’s CFrame angle downwards in 0.3 seconds and applying the BodyVelocity instance.

1 Like