How could my base be improved?

Hello! I am currently making a base for a Red vs Blue type game because they are fun to script! Could I get some feedback on this fortress? Thanks, guys!!

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 6.12.13 PM|690x390

3 Likes

Would be super dope if you added a spawn-shield area that the player respawns in and has a forcefield in. You’d have to consider ways to prevent it being abused.

2 Likes

Very neat, low poly base! I liked how you “simulated” concrete or whatever the wall material is.

I feel like you could expand the base, as well as add some lighting. You could also use some variation of color, especially since a lot of the builds are the same grey. (If you want grey, maybe use a variation of grey for some of the builds)
You could also benefit from adding a gate door, just for extra protection :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You mean like a safe zone? That WOULD be awesome! However, I’d rather make “shield” potions which make the player immune but can’t shoot also for 30 seconds (so they can’t be abused easily)

1 Like

Good idea! I’ll get to that. Should I add torches?

Edit: Good thought. I’ll add some crates, as well as hay and maybe some wood as well!

1 Like

I like that idea much better. You should add a way for players to climb up onto the watch tower areas if you haven’t already - I can’t see from all angles of course. I like how the lowpoly theme is emulated all throughout the build, and feel like a bit of detail work such as props for players to crouch/camp behind would improve it greatly!

Suggestion: Add more buildings and guns that can be found.

Amazing ideas! I agree with that statement. The game will have the ability to build walls, like fortnite, but won’t be the SAME as fortnite (not a ripoff; The building aspect is the ONLY feature being added from fortnite!)

Camping areas will basically be built walls, but players will also be able to use a few base defenses as well.

1 Like

Buildings I will add! However, the game uses a system where you spawn with guns instead of picking them up, but it will have equippable medkits and ammo (possibly)! Good suggestion.

Since you’re making a red vs blue type of game, how about colouring those bases with red and blue colour on each of their sides. Also, how about making a " capture the flag" type of round, also making it as a round system type of game, with a godo looking lobby

1 Like

Already doing that, but a good thought nonetheless!

1 Like

Maybe missile silos at the deserted areas within the base?

1 Like

Nice idea! I’ll include that on other maps, but since this one is castle based, I’ll make catapults!

1 Like

I really like it a lot! I feel it’s simple and cool! I don’t think there is any feedback needed. Only just work onto the terrain, that’s all I feel!

1 Like

How could I improve my terrain. Please be honest!

I feel that some dirt and some more hills would help a lot! But just take this in my view. Not EVERYONE’s view!

1 Like