How do I create a table containing the image ids of about 75 images imported into my game

I have 75 images imported into my game and I need to cycle through them. To do this I plan to just use a simple for loop but I have no idea how to get all the image ids into a table in the first place.

Of course I can always manually copy each asset id into the table, but that would take a long time, especially if I need even more images.

I have tried selecting all the images in the Asset Manager and using Insert/Copy Asset Id but it only inserts/copies the id of the image I clicked on

i’m not entirely sure that this is the right place to be posting this but oh well

local folder = workspace:WaitForChild("Folder")
local imageIds = {}

for i, v in pairs(folder:GetChildren()) do
	if v:IsA("Decal") then
		table.insert(imageIds, v.Texture)
	end
end

This will cycle through the “Decal” instances of a folder, grab the value of the “Texture” property and insert it into a table.

1 Like

this was my first plan, however I don’t know get all the decals into a folder in the first place

You can batch upload images using “Asset Manager”. Then just insert them into the game and drag and drop them into a folder/model etc.

Is there a way to insert them all at once or would I have to insert each one manually?

Yeah, just highlight all, right click and click “Insert”.

that only inserts the one I right clicked on

Oh true, then you’ll just need to double click each one in the list. Shouldn’t take too long for 70+ images.

Is there any way to preserve the order of the images without manually renaming each one?

(post deleted by author, will be deleted in 12 hours unless withdrawn by author)

Bumping this because I’m having the same issue. Is there any way to mass import images from the asset manager into a nice clean table without having to import each individually? Did you find a solution?

1 Like

You have to run a boot call for the preservation metadata of the files and repurpose it as a gentrified MDM table framework where you can compile and establish a cyclic redundancy that pigeonholes each ID as arbitrary residents of said table.