How do I fix this weird mesh/texture issue?

For some reason some head/accessory meshes that I put on my NPCs have this weird line thing if I look closely at it.

Is there any way to fix this? I’m fairly new here, so I apologize if this is a rather simple thing to fix.

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but it looks like the texture was put on Sand. Other than that, you can recalculate the Normals but I’ve never encountered this problem before.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the reason. If you look at the lower half, it doesn’t have that texture issue.

I don’t believe that this is a mess issue. If you look onto the face, that same effect is happening there too to the right hand side right above the mask. I think this is more of a rendering issue. Maybe your studio rendering.

Texture as in Material?

thirtycharacters

Would I need to toy around with the render settings maybe? Currently I have them on fairly high.

This is an issue with shadows. It is also slightly visible on the face.

Anyways, you could try increasing shadow smoothness, though I doubt it would help much. You could also try using the future lighting mode.

1 Like

Future lighting was on, but increasing shadows really did fix it! Thank you so much!

1 Like