How do I get 200 player servers?(I'm new to the forum)

How do I get my game to host 200 player servers or a limit over 50?
I honestly just got accepted so I don’t know how.
Thanks, Axolix

1 Like

This is apart of the Roblox beta.

Check it out here: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/enrol-in-the-roblox-beta-program/45778

6 Likes

Wow, I didn’t even know this was a thing! 200 players is insane though.

1 Like

In the future, as a reminder. Scripting Support in Development Support is for posting questions about scripting challenges you are facing. Similar to how Building Support is about challenges you are facing with building.

For the rules of this section of the forum, check here.

4 Likes

Sorry, will do next time.

Thanks for the link and help. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also just a teaching moment for the Development Support category. When you find the answer to your problem, hit the checkmark on that post (near the heart) to mark that as the solution to your question.

This helps others identify your problem as solved.

2 Likes

I believe I already did as soon as I saw the link he posted.

1 Like

Woops. Missed it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just a word of caution, though. Roblox is actively working to optimise 100-player servers (potential public roll-out in the future), but 200 players is nowhere near supported. A test run with a 200-player server on a blank baseplate began to experience severe network latency and crashing up to 110 players. I personally do not recommend using a count above 100 without being aware of this.

51-200 player servers are still a beta feature, meaning that it is still under work. When you’re requesting for beta access, you attain the ability to set these player servers and provide feedback on future beta features discussed within the DevForum.

A common misconception is that 51-200 player servers is a perk of being a DevForum member. This isn’t the case. Being a DevForum member and having access to larger servers is neither a perk nor a status quo. It’s a beta feature and you’re still expected to, if you can, make reports on any issues you experience with >50 player servers or suggest improvements regarding the feature using the appropriate channels.

Furthermore, please check out the informational threads pinned to each category. There is a lot of information for all members of the threads and especially some for New Members who come to the forums. Most of this explains what you are able to do and what to do if you need assistance (turn to a [Lead] Top Contributor).

9 Likes

Back a few months ago @badcc ran a test in a blank baseplate, it got up to around 150-160 players before everything went to hell.

1 Like