How do I get good at scripting in Roblox?

I want to learn how to be very good scripter. Are there any good articles, in depth tutorials, software, really ANYTHING that can help me learn? I appreciate your time.

1 Like

Make sure use the search function of DevForum first:

Tutorial Pack

My post that I’ve covered over Lua tutorials.

1 Like

Well after learning the basics what i always do is try to achieve a goal outside my skill range thus forcing me to learn along the way i mean if you don’t know a bit of scripting youtube is always there to teach and the wiki has information along with https://scriptinghelpers.org/ which you should use if you get stuck hoped this helped

2 Likes

There’s a pretty huge list of articles, you may find them interesting. Take a look:

https://devforum.roblox.com/search?q=scripting%20tutorials%20category%3A55
https://devforum.roblox.com/search?q=learn%20scripting%20category%3A55

Good luck on your journey.

2 Likes

This topic has been raised heaps of times. Try and have a look around the dev forum and see what you can find. @AlvinBlox has a great YouTube channel! You should defiantly check it out.

3 Likes

This should be fine for what you need

This has been asked lots of times now, try and search before you create a new topic:

May I suggest you read over these topics as they will give you a huge range of ways to improve at scripting. Lots of the questions that you want answered have been answered in all these topics I have listed.

Alright then, this may sound tedious but the best way to learn how to script is by practising lots. Just reading a few articles wont do much unless you act upon what you have just read. For example lets you have just read an article about functions. The best thing to do now is actually practice using functions in an actual script. Then once you understand how to use them then move on to the next article and do the same thing, read the article then do what the article said to do.

The dev forum is a very good resource for learning how to script as well. If you keep reading the scripting support category you should be able to pick up some scripting techniques. Also when you get stuck on a particular part of scripting and you can’t find the solution feel free to ask about it on the dev forum. Make sure you search before you ask the question as you may stumble over a topic that answers your question.

Don’t rush into learning the more complex parts of scripting before you know the basics. If you take time to learn the basics the more complex parts will come a lot easier as you have that basic knowledge already.

Here is a few resources that may help you learn:

1 Like

I started with scripting by looking at freemodels, and just looking how they made that script. Thats how i’ve learned, I’m still learning new functions everyday, My tip, Just keep trying until you make it.

2 Likes

Broad topic with sufficient answers provided. Always make sure to explore the forum and any other resources you can find for your questions. Good luck!