How do i know what power the ai wants to use?

Okay so for example, u have an ai that will read players movements and there are moves to pick from… the ai picks the fire move, how would we know that??
Its pretty complicated since its ai learning so had to ask the forums…
And yes, i do know i can randomize it but what if it wanted to do a combo or something? It would obviously learn to do that by playing but if its randomized we cant really do that combo right? Its luck based which i kinda dont want…

Well you could when the player shoots, punches… send it to any nearby enemies then have the enemies process the data given and find any set combo for it

2 Likes

But if you’re want it to think for itself and make its own combo then that’s beyond what I can do

1 Like

I dont understand much can you explain??
Sorry, i really didnt understand…

I mean let say the player punches an enemy, you can use a bindable event to alert nearby enemies that the player is about to shoot. After receiving the input you could directly counter the players attack or add it to a table and check for a list of continuous attacks and search for any combo available.

Hm, so what i wanted is an ai that will i guess use its own powers either if its a combo or not.
For example, the ai is doing an obby (i know i have used this example so much but its a simpler one for me) like it keeps falling but time and time it will test out trying to jump and walk at the same time and getting through the obby… if i did oath finding though it wouldn’t be really learning and it would be just it jumping over due to roblox telling it to (although u cant if im using powers) so how whould i read or make the machine tell me if they want to jump or not?

Okay, so let me get this straight, you want an AI that can use trial and error to identify would it needs to do. Am I right?

1 Like

Yes, i want an AI that will learn from its errors and trials to try to figure out what to do.
I could do that but i dont really know how i would detect if the AI wants to jump or not.

Well making an AI that would be able to think and learn would be out of abilities so if you want to do that you would need to seek help elsewhere.

1 Like

There anywhere you reccomend me (or know) where i can seek help? Or just the forum itself…?