How do I make a Just Dance game on Roblox?

I’ve always wondered how to make a Just Dance with the same UI and etc, but you score with arrow keys, how do I make and code it? Anyone could help me?

Please do not ask people to write entire scripts or design entire systems for you. If you can’t answer the three questions above, you should probably pick a different category.

Making a rhythm game can be more complicated then what it seems to be, as you’d have to rely on creating the Beatmap for the map itself, the Score Ratings for how Early or Late you hit the keys, and making other custom features (Like creating a combo system, etc)

There is a template that Robeats uses if you haven’t looked at that already, as we can only provide you with assistance & not full on scripts
https://www.roblox.com/games/964613823/Robeats-Mapping-Place-Un-copylocked#!/about

2 Likes

This would be much closer to Dance Dance Revolution than Just Dance. But you’d have a lot of trouble getting decent songs because they’ll all be DMCA’d. Regardless, these rhythm games basically just come down to a timing system. You can have a list of the entire “moveset” and the times the keys have to be pressed, and from that you can generate a UI that basically plays itself. I would probably just make a list of “notes” in some format like this:

{
    Time=0, -- Time, probably in milliseconds these notes will appear
    HoldTime=100, -- The amount of time (again in ms) this/these note(s) should be held for
    KeyCodes={
        -- List of keycodes to be pressed at this time, 
        -- having this be an array will allow you to make 
        -- notes that have to be pressed at the same time
    }
}
1 Like

Lol. I am not asking for a full code, minimod.

3 Likes

You called @xZylter a “minimod” even though he was right.
The Support Category rules clearly state that you have to be able to provide us with things you’ve tried. If you can’t give us that, you’re probably posting in the wrong category.

Or, better yet, you’re asking us to design an entire system for you.
You’re lucky to have two guys answer your question regardless of the rules, but next time don’t call someone a “minimod” or anything for that matter just for trying to enforce publicly available rules. :smiley:

A more fitting category would’ve been Game Design.

It could be nice that the just dance game can support VR, cause its getting more and more used in the community.

1 Like

Oh ya that would be EPIC

I never asked no one to do a entire game for me. Did you even read it right? I asked if someone could help me and how should I make/code the game, not asking a full code. Read things right next time, and if you say that I’m not correct, I am the one who made the post, I know what I wrote.

Amazing idea but I don’t know how to code with VR

You asked people for advice on how to design a system, Scripting Support is the wrong category for this.
Lose the temper :wink:

Since you think you supplied us with even remotely enough information have a look at these articles and actually try to make something yourself before consulting the many wonderful forum posters on DevForum.

Learn Roblox Scripting
Intro to Basic GUIs
UserInputService
Intro to very Basic Input
ViewPortFrame GUI

The following would’ve been a better post for you:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    Just Dance type game
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    Incompetent
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub ?
    Absolutely nothing

I’m just going to ignore people like you. If it’s not to help on my question then bye.

I provided help accordingly? Didn’t you see the articles I linked for you?