How Do I Start Building?

So, I’m currently an Advanced scripter but I also want to learn how to build but i’m not sure where to start…

1 Like

Tutorials, Are your always best bet. Or Starting with the basics like looking up on youtube: How too enter parts and learn all the basic tools. After that more tutorials can come up such as advanced and so on.

1 Like

Well, we should be getting currently new threads with new info. Not quite good to get some old info.

Mind explaining more on what you mean about “Not quite good to get some old info.”?

I answered a few of these threads like some days ago. Please do make sure to use the search function. Whether it’s new or not, old info could help you along the way to getting started into building, making repeated threads over and over again won’t help at all it’ll just clutter the forum with very similar threads.

Because a simple search can find you the threads that were created not too long ago when you’re looking to find something that’s the reason there’s a search function, creating new threads with new info doesn’t help you getting started into building or looking for tips.

Here are two threads I responded too that could help getting started into building (bonus whether it’s old info or new info doesn’t really excuse not searching: anyone can and should search before posting threads just to see if your question hasn’t been already made and answered).

There has been hundreds of people like you.

Like others have said resort to the search function to see if your question has been answered.

In the past, I was prompted by a developer school (when those were still a thing) to create a prototype lesson or sampler for [plugin] building. The lesson was never put to use. However, I still have the slideshow lesson.

Before reading, I suggest you have general knowledge about Roblox, Roblox Studio, and building without plugins. Yet, said knowledge is in no way required. The presentation is extremely informational to the basics of [plugin] building and I suggest you take a look at it.

Note: You in no way need any major building plugins to use the favorable features found in said building plugins.

Said Plugin Building Slideshow:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1-CT9whuO06oNtsdwXWOhdn3HhefS317CsJIAnyL_FmU/edit

1 Like

I’ll give you some tips I use for building that helped me get where I am now.

1. Plugins

• Find plugins that help you build whether it be a plugin used for building like F3X or a plugin that rotates parts for you. Whatever helps you succeed the build you want.

• Some plugins I suggest: Gap Filler (Helps fill in gaps quicker), Resize Aligner (A plugin that aligns faces of parts via resizing, so that you don’t have to manually resize the parts to get them aligned.), Of course F3X (Just another option instead of using the default Roblox building tools), and this is not a building plugin but it helps me track how many bricks I use when I make a realistic build, Brick Counter.

2. Know what you want to do

• Have something in mind and have it planned out in your head or on a piece of paper. Collect reference pictures if needed or sketch what you want to make.
  3. Execute it

• Use all the tools Roblox gives you to make whatever you want.
    • Organize your build so name parts whatever you want so in the future if you need to select specific parts you have it organized and you can easily select them
    • Just have patience with your build. I know when I build I’ll have to take a break cause I get frustrated cause I can’t make it look right. But I come back and with a positive mindset and fix it.
  4. Experience

• Not to be cheezy but “Practice makes perfect” I started building for fun when I was 14 and my style of how I build is so much different than 2 years ago. I definitely improved on my builds cause I took the time to learn and watch friends that were better at building than me.

I hope this helps :smiley:

2 Likes

Closing because there are already many posts similar to this. Please use the search feature!