How do I transfer data between games?

I’ve been looking for a solution on this for a long time. Any help would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Games within the same experience share the same datastores, but outside of that data can’t be exported.

3 Likes

Have you searched about MessagingService | Roblox Creator Documentation? It allows servers in the same game to communicate with each other in real time (< 1 second) using topics. I do also highly recommend checking out developer hub’s article about Cross-Server Messaging.

3 Likes

No, I’m talking about transferring DataStore data to another game.

2 Likes

Other games have done it, so I know it is definitely possible.

1 Like

I did it in my game. You have to use teleport data in the teleport data argument in teleporting. To read the data use a local script in the game ur teleporting in and use get local player data if you have any questions then feel free to ask!

2 Likes

I was either thinking that, or a database. How to do this?

1 Like

Wdym???.. i dont understand …….

Can’t you add the same datastores, tools, etc… And it will work? Also, using places in Asset Manager would probably be a better chance at it being more successful.

1 Like

I found the solution. It’s as easy as using teleport data!

Hey, i think you should instead give my post the solution. As it gives more information and could greatly help future readers who have the same issue.

2 Likes

Were you able to use this to transfer every players data? Or do they have to first join the original game and then teleport to the new one? Or how does that work?

Do not use TeleportData for transfering data between games.
As the teleportData is transmitted by the client it is not secure. For this reason it should only be used for local settings and not sensitive items (such as the users’ score or in-game currency).

Yeah, he kind of just said what you said and crowned himself.

True but how do you propose to do this without using teleportservice?

If the place is in the same experience, you can use DataStores.

If the place is in a different experience, you have create your own 3rd party datastore to access a global database