How do people make outline effect?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? I wanna know how to make outlines like this without scripts: (6) (1.0) Cyan Blue Double Outline Avatar - Roblox

2. What is the issue? I don’t know how to make it

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I tried looking into blender and roblox studio tutorials, but no effect.

Thanks!

3 Likes

This can be done by duplicating your mesh and then flipping it’s normal. Because roblox has Backface curling which means the negative faces won’t render, so the corrent faces would appear inside and would give a toon shading effect.

1 Like

Create highlight. In properties find Adornee. In Adornee, select the object for which you want to create the contour effect. Using highlight you can make the contour visible for an object through walls if you need it. Also try using SelectionBox and SelectionSphere for simple objects like cubes and spheres. I hope my answer was useful to you

1 Like

thanks it really helped me, real thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.