How do you save items in a bool value using data store?

So, I wanted to make a data store system where it would save accessories after them being equipped. But that failed because I found out that you can’t save Folders to a data store. So now my question is, how do you make an item save to a bool value and then the bool value saves to the data store?

One question, why are you specifically trying to save a bool value > bool is a true or false value. > You can use a string or integer value. An assuming you already have some sort of knowledge of data systems you could just loop through the folder and get all the values of set children. Then save it that way and load them upon joining. I mean theres a lot of ways to do this theres no right or wrong. But to answer the topic question directly you cant save items in a bool > its a true or false value.

1 Like

Why are you still unsolved this topic?
@geonseolja said the answer, mark it as a solution and remove unsolved from the title.

Well, it’s because I have no idea how to save items to a string and I have no idea about what I’m doing. I’ve been trying to get a solution for hours.

You can save it to a string, but it’s difficult, so I recommend saving it to ObjectValue if possible.

Okay, I’ll give that a try. Thanks.