How does one implement a sprinting system for mobile users?

It’s been on my mind lately, and I’m trying to figure out a way I can implement sprinting for mobile users since it’d be an advantage for PC users if they get it while Mobile users don’t…

I had an idea of making it so that you click the go straight button twice (Similar to Minecraft on Mobile) but not sure.

If you have any suggestions, let me know. Would love to hear it :smile:

1 Like

Have a button that toggles sprint on/off. Simple to make and players are already used to it.

4 Likes

Huh, I thought about that, but I don’t have any where to put it…

For my game I put a mobile sprint button within reach of the right thumb, near the jump button

And I use ContextActionService

4 Likes

Ahh, I see.

I mean, the issue isn’t with how to do it… the issue is just where to place it.

You should try to put it

Thanks, I’ll try that out :smile:

The UI design for the game is pretty unique so I need to figure out how I plan on doing this.

1 Like

Depending on the game, you could also just automatically increase their walkspeed if there is no keyboard or controller. When a mobile user moves the thumbstick, the speed they walk at is controlled by how far the thumbstick is pushed from its center. So if they don’t want to sprint they could just not push the thumbstick all the way.

2 Likes

Usually mobile games have a “sprint lock” button that activates when the joystick is pulled farther than the full length in a direction.

disregard the exposed ferret in the middle of the screen…

Might be a little hard to make while keeping the roblox CoreGui though.

1 Like