How far can i go with blender?

Hello guys i recently started to model in blender then bring my models into studio ive only done a few things on blender but wanted to know how far i can go with it and what i can make with it for example is it worth it making a shop in blender or just do it in studio?

Im sorry if this is in the wrong category i didn’t know were else to put it!

3 Likes

Well if youre looking for a very realistic build then use blender. I and most builders I know use blender for rocks, trees and other usually small complicated parts. its better for you to build a shop in studio in my opinion. I dont understand what you mean how far you can go with it but, you can go as far and extensive as you like. You can stop at a point where you can make basic things like trees or you can keep going and learn to create hyper realistic characters or cars.

3 Likes

What about making low poly things as im interested in that?

1 Like

Low poly does not mean it needs to be made in blender. most of my low poly builds are made in studio. It depends what type of low poly things. If its a tree or rock, its probably better to make it in blender as meshes are less laggy but also more realistic. If its a building, its probably better, easier and less time consuming to make it in studio. It depends. if you cant make it in studio then make it in blender

1 Like

I prefer using blender as im quite bad at building in studio and find blender easier!

thats surprising-- its usually the other way around. If you prefer to make it in blender then go ahead but there can be importing issues/triangle issues. i find it easier in studio as it saves me the time, the effort etc. however, itis well noted that 3d modelers are paid better than builders. but you have to be good

4 Likes

Thank you for helping me!

30chars

1 Like

Personally, I like making most of my stuff in Roblox. Roblox does have it limitations though, and complex, hard to model shapes and parts are best to be made in Blender. It really is a life saver when it comes to detail.

If you’re trying to make projects or builds inside blender or studio. I would try checking out one of the softwares you’re more comfortable with. Since you want to make low poly builds it can be done in blender and Roblox studio.

For software, it depends. You can work on low poly builds by also using Roblox Studio. Generally, all you have to do is use bright colors and the plastic material. Although these types of builds are usually done in both.

I thought low poly was defined as modeling that used few polygons. I don’t think smooth plastic has much to do with it, besides the fact that it works well with low poly.

1 Like

I do a lot of vehicle modeling and small detail stuff in blender as I find it allows you to have a more detailed approach to your small models while saving on triangle count.

For me I mostly use Blender, I find it to be a reliable modeling program that allows me to make more complicated builds and more realistic models. I think that there should be a mix of Blender and Studio in all aspects of a build, for example a shop. Making it in Blender would be difficult and there would probably be many imperfections. If you made it in Studio, you could be more precise but there would be some aspects (i. e. door, sign, bricks, etc.) that you could do better in Blender. So do both! It makes builds a lot more pretty while still being precise and clean.