How games prevent hackers from cloning shop items and adding it to their characters?

There are games that uses viewport frames in their shops, for stuff like skins, particles, tools, etc. We know that hackers can replicate character stuff, for example, if the player changes his jump power, that is replicated to the server, it doesn’t matter if the game is filtered enabled or not. Well, how those games prevent hackers from cloning the objects like particles in viewport frames and adding it to their characters? What I have tried is not using viewport frames, but I think they are useful for many things, I don’t know if those games have special anti hacks or it’s just a function. Thanks for reading :+1:

2 Likes

I don’t seem to understand. Generally, humanoid changes are the ones that replicate. Particles are not related to physics whatsoever. And particles don’t render on viewport frames.

So, any changes that are made in the character are not replicated, but humanoid changes do?
Another object example would be a pet.

Clients have network ownership over their character. This makes player movement smoother and easier since it is handled on the client.

2 Likes

Changing jump power or walk speed does not replicate to server.
It is handled client side, and the client detects those are different.
Exploiters can duplicate something from replicated storage or anything and put it in their character, however it won’t replicate to the server so only they will see it.
If you for some reason are worried about this, just make a anti exploit that detects what’s added to the character and if it is something you don’t want added kick them.

1 Like

If it doesn’t replicate, don’t bother guarding against it. Particles cloned into a character from the client-side will not be visible to others. Humanoid changes are a different ballpark because clients are authoritative of the physics of their characters; while the property changes don’t replicate, the physics changes by nature of changing the properties do.

2 Likes