How many tickets?

How many tickets are available through the whole event and how many are left?

3 Likes

They say whatever is left over, will be for the wave 4. they do not have a specific number. As I understand, the tickets will be sold out quickly. In London, the hall can take up to 130 I think.

It really depends where Roblox is using, according to the hospitality brochure for Spring Summer 19: -

• Auditorium and Exhibition Space - 300 seats; 360 sqm exhibition space
  • State Rooms and Rooftop Terrace - 140 theatre; 120 cabaret; 90 boardroom; 70 u-shape; Private dining for up to 160
  • Ground Floor Meeting Rooms - 18 modern rooms; Up to 88 theatre; Up to 56 cabaret; 6 to 36 boardroom
  • The Heritage Rooms - 6 refurbished Heritage Rooms; Up to 32 cabaret; Up to 50 theatre; 8 to 22 boardroom
  • The roof top - 230 guests

While on the US side, it depends how they wanna set it up and what space they plan to use.

For example the Grand Peninsula Ballroom in a theater style seating can fix up to 2,592 people
They may use the Cypress, which in a classroom format can fit 375 people
Maybe the harbour room which can fit 170 people in a theater format
Or a board room?

Source
US: https://assets.hyatt.com/content/dam/hyatt/hyattdam/documents/2018/07/09/1023/Hyatt-Regency-San-Francisco-Airport-Capacity-Charts-English-070918.pdf
London: https://30eustonsquare.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/30es-ss-hospitality-brochure-2019.pdf

2 Likes

Last year the US event was held to 500 people if I recall, due to fire safety standards. (this went above the convention hall sizes in priority)

1 Like

Fair enough, it really does depend where they go for the room. The numbers are from what the hotel say their capacity for the type of room they want.

I would assume all the numbers provided meet the local standards including that of fire safety.

1 Like

Last year was in the Cypress, if that says anything about last years numbers.

In all honesty I doubt RDC will ever go over 500-750 people, the whole point is limited numbers in a way that the staff can walk around and speak to people for more than just a few seconds, not to mention having to judge that many potential gamejam teams (i think there were around 40 last year?).

1 Like

Fair enough. These are the current numbers.

I think it’s nice to know the scale of RDC and seeing what you should bring, esp stuff like business cards.

2 Likes