How many Values can i store inside each scope (Datastore)

So i am making a game and i am really scared that if i use to much values in a folder will this cause dataloss, i am planning to use like 50 values per folder or scope and planning to add more each update

You can store as much values in the folder as you want to save in the datastore, the only thing that you should worry about is Roblox’s Datastore limits but they are big and you won’t hit them easily you can see all about Datastores limits and errors here: Roblox Datastores limits and errors.

Also I if you send too many save requests to Datstores then they will throttle and result in an error in the form of a warning that says “Too many requests” or something similar to that so make sure not to do that.

Hope this helped you. :slightly_smiling_face:

thank you but what i meant is in datastore , so i have each file has a datastore and so i am planning to use 50 values in each folder for now, will it send too much save requests

No, the too many requests warning only happens if you keep saving stuff to players in like a while true do wait() loop and then save stuff 30 times a second, you get the point.

1 Like

If you try to make 50 individual saves to the datastore regularly, you are going to run into problems. In this case, it would be helpful to use something like Datastore2 or the datastore library that comes in Nevermore since they cache saves and handle the request spam

1 Like

no what i meant is like lets say there is a leaderstats folder and each other folder has their own datastore,
and what i want to know that how many values can i store in each folder

Please see “Data Limits” at Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

The contents of 50 value objects should fit as long as you don’t have ridiculously long strings

1 Like