How much should a SCPF site cost

Hi. I’m fungamer153.

Recently I wanted to start a SCPF but can’t decide on one thing:
How much would a SCPF site cost? Just structure no code but with quality

Thanks for reading and reply below what you think :smile:

2 Likes

Well, it’s all based on Roles in your group and the divisons also ad’s so around 5k or so… or 3k.

2 Likes

Just imagine.

You will be required to build an accurate facility of which is appealing. Then you will have to pay those people who built it. Then buy advertisements and maintain your group.

I would imagine at least 10k robux.

And these adverts need a designer. There goes some rbx too.

1 Like

So your looking about around 15k robux or so am just say I wish you the best of luck and I hope you make your SCPF site. :smiley:

Thanks for reading, and have a great day. :slightly_smiling_face: :wink:

1 Like

Hey @fungamer153!

As someone who’s been in the genre in Roblox since 2014, was a SiD for major foundations and developed across multiple different foundations, I’d like to note that starting a SCP site is never easy.

First off, you’ll need a budget, and a good investment amount.

Spare some money for development, but not too much.
If you throw too much money at development right at the start, the developers tend to start desiring for more and become more inactive. (surprising, huh? well it happens), so it is best to agree upon a final payment upon the site completion instead of paying per asset.

You will need at least 10k or more R$ to start your group with advertisements.

Before we advance too much into this, please know that you should find a good form of income.
If you can’t guarantee a stable revenue source for your group, it won’t grow.

I recommend making a “cash milker” game before proceeding with a main site.

However, if you’re only into the serious side of things and don’t wish to grow the group, but rather just have the fun of being in a small and friendly SCP community, feel free to start with a main site. Do know that it’ll be very hard to proceed with more projects in the future if you take this option, though.

As for development expenses, it all comes down to the quality you want your site to be.

Small SCPFs can get along with 2-5k investment total, but usually end up with very low quality sites, often free modeled and lose a lot of the developers along the way.

Pay your developers the right amount. Not less, not more. Do not pay less than what each developer deserves, but do not overpay.

This being side, it all comes down to the quality and size of the site you want.

For a standard site, with an outside, Sector - 1, Sector - 2, Sector - 3 and 10 different SCPs, I’d put one of these prices depending on the quality:
Terrible, but doable - 500 R$ building, 1000 R$ scripting - 1500 R$
OK, but bad - 1500 R$ building, 2000 R$ scripting - 3500 R$
Decent - 3000 R$ building, 5000 R$ scripting - 8000 R$
Decent - Good - 5000 R$ building, 7500 R$ scripting - 12500 R$
Good | Area 47’s current quality - 10000 R$ building, 12500 R$ scripting - 22500 R$
Even better - 30000 R$ building, 30000 R$ scripting - 60000 R$
Really good - 75000 R$ building, 75000 R$ scripting - 150000 R$
Exceptional - 150000 R$ building, 200000 R$ scripting - 350000 R$
Ground breaking - 250000 R$ building, 250000 R$ scripting - 500000 R$

Do know that the above is just a “reference” picture of the general costs for each quality type; the prices are always subjective (they depend on each developer and on their work) and very dependant on the group budget and what the developers are willing to accept for their work.

For example, Area - 47’s original developers weren’t paid 22500 R$ to make it, for example.

It always comes down to each developer and each group, and the game’s content.

Good luck with your foundation!

13 Likes

I pretty much have budget of like 13k but thanks anyways!