How should I make this map?

I’ve thought of making a game called quirky game called “Raining Rthros” wheres its rthro bodies falling from the sky. I’ve been thinking of what I can make the map look like and I’m unsure about it.

• What are you attempting to achieve? A simple map for my game
  • What is the issue? I don’t know what to make my map.
  • What solutions have you tried so far? I thought of just having a baseplate with a checkers texture, but thats too plain and boring.

I’d appreciate it if you could help me with ideas.

6 Likes

Is it similar to a Rag-doll game sort of type?

1 Like

Yeah, honestly we need more to help here. If it’s a “quirky” game style you’re going for, I’d recommend not overdoing it, but also not underwhelming your audience with just a textured baseplate. That’s way too bland for any audience.

Assuming wxlvis is right, and you’re going for a ragdoll game, I’d personally recommend adding slides, ways to keep your audience entertained. Many ragdoll style games go for ways to fling yourself, such as rollercoasters.

Hope this can somewhat help you find a good map idea.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s like a rag doll game, its just rthro bodies falling from the sky. Nothing about your character changes.

I’m not a top tier scripter, but I have a few ideas.
You may want to have a rig at the top of the map, anchored. You can have that rig duplicated and unanchored as the game runs.
A problem would be lag, or the rig bounces off the map.

1 Like

I’m not going for a ragdoll game

We understand, as you have stated this. You can have a rig in air, and have a script that duplicates and unanchor the duplicates.
Sorry if this doesn’t help.

1 Like

This isn’t exactly what I asked in the topic, but this could help making it work, so ty!

You may want to make a bowl like edge to the map, to catch the falling rigs and prevent the rigs from flinging out. Barriers would be a good idea as well.

1 Like

Another idea is to make the rig look like this, and make the map’s colors work with the rig colors. This would help add a playful tone to the game.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that rig existed, definitely goonna use that lol

1 Like

There are multiple other rigs you can use, I just changed the rig’s colors.

The slender rig is just this: The High Seas: Beatrix The Pirate Queen - Roblox

2 Likes

So i would say go to the drawing board, and get the following:

• 3 Themes you would like personally
  • A few ideas to make the map interesting

Then put them together. For example if i chose:

• Western Desert, a cow town, and train station
  • Rythro Skins Falling (In Your Case this is what would make it truly unique)

So it’s really just a matter of “What are my ideas, and how can i put them together to create a map that fits my game?”.

3 Likes

If your still unsure, try and sketch or try to imagine what kind of idea you want to address to. This would give a better way, on manipulating your designs in your map.

1 Like

That is what i just said lol. The drawing board (Or idea Board) is where you sketch your ideas.

1 Like

Yh, or you can go on YouTube to find better designs and ideas on how it can be better. It’s just Creative minds that needs to be in play here :ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

Here’s a list with a few ideas for the map and maybe for the game itself.

Map Ideas

Style: Lowpoly

• Add a statue of the classic Rthro. (The first Rthro ever made) :statue_of_liberty:

• Make it so there’s enough space in the map for the Rthro bodies to fall without being stuck.

• You could also add some obstacles so the bodies won’t fall directly on the floor.

• Make the map like you are in the nature, a mountain village or a small farm village. :evergreen_tree:

• Add some easter eggs. :egg:

Game ideas

• Make people able to fall from the sky as an Rthro body.

• Make a shop where you can change which Rthro you are by buying it with coins you got from how many things you broke from falling.

• Make it so if you find an easter egg it’ll give you a special Rthro package.

I know 50% of this isn’t what you asked for, but i think this could help you a bit more. Good luck! :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

These are some good ideas, thank you!

2 Likes

Also,what do you mean by adding obstacles ?

1 Like

Things in the sky which block their way to fall on the ground, but not holding them forever. They can split the Rthro bodies, explode or whatever you can think of! It’s kind of something they have to dodge, or where the bodies just die. People would like to see it happen and want to do it theirselves too.

4 Likes