How do I add realism to my game?

I want to get my builds more realistic, but I’m not sure how. Some roblox games you can’t tell if it’s Roblox or real life, and I want to get something somewhat like that. If you know any solutions, help is apprieciated.

2 Likes

Definately Lightning, I would say. Use ShadowMap instead of Voxel (the default one) etc.

4 Likes

REALISTIC TREES

One of the ways Users manage to create Life-like Roblox games is with realistic trees. There are multiple tutorials on YouTube which can help you with this

EFFECTS

There are multiple effects which can add a sense of beauty to you game. Here is a [post](https://devforum.roblox.com/t/guys-how-do-i-make-my-game-graphics-realistic/624139/4?u=e44orsans) i created about all the effects you would need to edit.

Improved Building

Sometimes a songle building can say the difference wether or not this is a roblox game or real life.
4 Likes

Thank you for the help! 30 char

Professional advice, as making hyper realistic things is my thing.

this really depends on what you make.

if you are looking to get photorealism in a game ( Making the game look as real as possible) I advise focusing a lot on reflections & such

if you wish to have a really realistic building I advise using textures.

A key feature to making games hyper realistic, would rely on effects such as color correction,depth of field,lighting technology

people have stated to use voxel or shadowmap, although i’m against it. roblox is coming out with Future is bright & it’s a excellent realistic lighting feature you should look into it.

there’s also the factor of using Physical Base Rendering.

& you should visit realistic games & take tips Or have a reference image.

2 Likes

Thank you for the help, I’ll look into what you said.

if you are looking to achieve pure photorealism like z0ll or perhaps if you’ve seen my work.

as I stated already roblox’s photorealism mostly relies on reflections.

if you wish to make let’s say a small room you want some reflectiveness on the walls & floor to add a realistic touch. Although do take this in mind: every texture is different and reacts to reflections differently so test out different skyboxes to make it realistic as possible.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions! I’ll mess around with it to learn.

Forgot to mention, as good as shadowmap is I wouldn’t use it. since there’s better technology that exists such as Future Is Bright which is an outstanding lighting technology & destroys shadowmap in realism. Hope all of this helped :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the help, I have a question, how do I use Future is bright?

1 Like

also as they stated anti virus’s consider the mod manager a trojan although do not worry it is perfectly safe made from our good friend clone trooper.

1 Like

I did the steps and its not working for me.

If you are using smooth terrain enable grass.
here is grass:

1 Like

I know this is off-topic kind-of, but do any of you know how to add the realistic wind effect that pushes against your character rig while walking?

1 Like

they weren’t steps if you mean enabling future is bright, I can’t help there all I did was just follow the instructions from the post introducing on how to enable it.

1 Like

When I mess up and tried changing some game properties, it helped me to discover many functionalities and tools that made my game better, like the “shadow map” in the lighting and all useful object like “Sunrays”, " blur effect", “depth of field”… And many.

1 Like