How to animate tools

Firstly I want to give lots of credit to Headstackk for giving me the idea
This tutorial is based for people who have seen Headstackk’s ‘How to animate tool parts’ but still don’t understand it. I will go step by step on how to do it. I will also include LOTS of screenshots.

Step 1 : Create a dummy:

Step 2 : Get your gun tool and just select the parts only and group them. Do not select any scripts in the group yet. Do not have the group inside of a tool:

Step 3 : Create a new part and name it ‘BodyAttach’, it should go near the handle of the gun:

You can now set the transparency of BodyAttach to 1.

Step 4 : Now we need to attach all of your gun parts to the body with Motor6D. This sounds complex but it really isn’t. I recommend this plugin: https://www.roblox.com/library/804263305/Constraint-Editor

Step 5 : We now have to use a Motor6D to connect the gun to the character:

After this step you will realize that the gun snaps to the upper torso, this is normal. You can now animate the gun with animation editor! Thanks for using my tutorial, it is my first one that I have spent a good bit of time on.

All the best, GalaxyWorld

9 Likes

thank you for making this
30 chrecters

You are welcome! [ 30 Characters ]

For a more detailed guide on how to do this

@C3RB This isn’t supposed to be detailed, it’s supposed to help the beginners who don’t understand that guide.

1 Like

Please do not intentionally duplicate / rewrite other users’ topics with the exact same or less content, and then also neglect to link back to the original resource.

You should reply to the original resource if you find it unclear.