How to call :MoveTo() function on client and have the model stay in place on server?

I have a humanoid, I want to make it move to a point on the client.
I call the MoveTo function in a local script but it moves on server too…

3 Likes

Is this on the actual player itself? If you’re moving a model that the player has no network ownership of then it shouldn’t replicate to the server, however if it’s the player you’ll have to create a clone and put them in it’s space whilst the animation is occurring.

3 Likes

No. I am using a custom model containing a humanoid, this i snot connected with the player.

1 Like

maybe its because the player is close enough to the model so that the physics is being calculated on the players client. Perhaps set the network ownership to the server?

2 Likes

Thats because player movement replicates to the server. You can’t do anything with it.

1 Like

Make sure if this is not the player that the network ownership is set to nil (server).
It can and should work (I use it for NPC quests, where the NPCs do stuff for the client only via local script).
Unless it is the player, then you cannot do this and must have a clone of the player (as an NPC that looks like it) that is a part of workspace and its ownership is set to nil.

1 Like