How To Change The Game Owner To Group

Hello Developers!.
I’m Working On A Game, And i want to change the Ownership Of Game To My Group.
If You Know How To Help, Then Please Send Me Some Screenies And Other Stuff Like That.
Thanks!

Well, you can’t.

Select publish then pick the ownership on the publish popup.

You’ll have to essentially make a copy of the game. In studio on your game, click File > Publish To Roblox As > then it’ll open a window. From there, choose the group you want it under at the top left and choose “Create new game” on the bottom left.

Watch this gif to see how I do it.

Select file

cc @veteraite @CheekySquid

Doing this clears the rating and the visit to the place.

Yeah, but he wants to change the ownership. He hasn’t talked about if the game was open or not.

There isn’t really another solution that wouldn’t reset it. Unless the game is super popular and has been out, OP will have to reset it.

1 Like

I agree with @veteraite, because it might not be open yet, but who knows?

i wanted to add the game to group
meybe i wrote the tittle wrong
if yes then sorry

Yes, do what @CheekySquid did. It will publish the game on the group instead of the player

1 Like

My post above should show you how to do it then.

Good luck! Make sure to mark it as solution so other readers know it’s been solved. Also, try to keep this section of the Devforum about scripting!

Ohhhhh, well if you want to change the ownership, then I’m pretty sure that you are going to have to publish it and select the ownership, OR, copy your game and put it in a new baseplate or flat terrain.

ok! sorry i didint kne which category should i use.

ok ill try that too! thanks!!!

1 Like

I don’t recommend copying it. You can miss scripts and mess things up. The best bet is to simply publish it under the group.

this game is public but its teribble and i have to get robux for elevator script

If it’s open, then you’ll have to have the game reset, if its closed, then you should be fine.

Maybe you can copy the scripts and paste them onto the notepad if he’s on windows, then delete the script in the game and only copy the world and put the world into and baseplate or something, then copy the script in the notepad, and then paste the script into the game you just recreated.

1 Like