(Archive) This doesn't work anymore - How to disable the Roblox Desktop app (Windows Only)

Well, it isn’t, I have tried to disable it via settings, and it is an impossible task, at least for me since that button doesn’t exist. Seems like they have left beta already and made it a forced feature

3 Likes

2021 Razer Blade Stealth is a model of laptop.

2 Likes

You save me !!! I think roblox need to add a option to choose if you want use the desktop app or not

3 Likes

Just change it to InApp instead of inBrowser.

3 Likes

legend, This desktop app is so annoying. I finally got rid of it.

3 Likes

this no longer works. i guess this is it.

9 Likes

Here you go

Just run it in Powershell all the time. Should mostly always disable it. It should always catch it before the exe runs because of the update rate. Here’s it working in action.

I should mention, everyone NEEDS to complain about this when they officially announce it. Tell them you do not want it and that it is a terrible UX.

35 Likes

How is this becoming a thing? There’s a lot of games and instances when I want to quickly log off using Alt+F4 and I’m just being locked away from doing so.

8 Likes

Roblox constantly changes LaunchExp to “InApp” upon launching Roblox, how do I circumvent that?

14 Likes

Wow this was intentional? That’s kinda ridiculous from Roblox tbh.

6 Likes

Thank you so much! I despise the app and now, thanks to you, it’s finally gone!

4 Likes

What did you do to get it to work? When I change it to “InWebste” it goes back to “InApp” whenever I launch a game.

5 Likes

I don’t want to be stuck like this lmao

2 Likes

Thanks, It has made loading quite a few games really really slow for me when before hand they used to run pretty fast or at a decent speed.

2 Likes

Part of their ###hole design. I can’t say this any better honestly. You’re FORCED to have it.

7 Likes

Ugh… This method no longer works :frowning: - could you post an updated one?

5 Likes

looks like this is patched now.

2 Likes

I just had to use it again a second ago lmao. It does still work though.

2 Likes

i don’t know about you but other people seem to be running into the same problem including me. Perhaps you’re using an older build or something?

2 Likes

THANK YOU WWWWWWWW THIS WORKS LIFE SAVER

1 Like