How to fix the union in roblox studio

Im having trouble with the union on roblox studio when i union an part and i test the game its bumpy when i walk in the union part any suggestions to fix this.

1 Like

Try turning CanCollide off for the part you want to walk into prior to creating the union.

If that doesn’t help then you need to provide more detail - any screenshots / videos and any solutions you’ve already tried. It’s hard to tell what the issue is based off this information alone.

3 Likes

when i union a part and test it everytime i walk its like im going upwards its like something invisible is there

2 Likes

Turn collision to default. If that isn’t good enough for you set it to Precise.

2 Likes

As I said, you’ll need to share some sort of screenshot or video because I can’t help otherwise. These details are not clear to me.

2 Likes

Turn on ‘PreciseConvexDecomposition’ on the Union to accurately map the instance’s collision. This can be found under the ‘Behavior’ tab in the Union’s properties as ‘CollisionFidalety.’

2 Likes

Change CollisionFidelity from Default to PreciseConvexDecomposition, it is found on a union’s property, under behavior.

2 Likes

There is currently some sort of issue with meshes and unions.

Sometimes, a so-called “invisible platform” may form over or around a union or mesh part in specific parts. This usually happens for large unions/meshes, or smaller unions/meshes which have been scaled.

I would recommend using groups instead of unions, as otherwise, it may be buggy, especially for larger creations.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is just an issue with him not having CollisionFidelity set to PreciseConvexDecomposition.

3 Likes