How to get organized and revise deadlines for roblox games

Scripting, building, GFX, animation, we all think of that as a field or something that we are good at. However, there is something more powerful than all of those fields, that is organization. You may think I am silly or loosing my mind, but if you master it, you are a literal god in the roblox community and on top of everything.

Why is organization important?

Organization is the key to everything. Being organized makes everything else easier. It helps you get to work faster without wasting time looking for stuff and as organization can improve the flow of communication between you and your team, you can also make your development team more productive.

E.g There are two people that you hired to make 2 separate games. There names are A and B. You gave A unlimited time to finish. On the first day he developed a bit, then on the second day he did a little bit more. Since he had unlimited time he never finished. However, for B, you gave him 2 days to finish a game. B was working none stop for 48 hours and completed the game. This is because of deadlines.

How can I get more organized?

For starters, you can use a calendar to write everything that you need to complete, or you can use a word document to cross everything you finished. The most effective way to manage your deadlines/due dates, is a planning website. Its collocated, organized and is easy to understand.

Why is this relevant?

This is relevant because in roblox game development, you are given a deadline to complete something for someone or a deadline of when your game is going to be released. It is very important in game marketing and development vice versa because you need a due date.

Procrastination.

It is easy to go off-topic and watch flying cats or the newest fortnite montages but that should not derail you from your deadline or prior goal. Here a few ways you can deal with that:

• Listen to music

• Take a break

• If you do not know what to do, watch Roblox YouTube tutorials on how to do it.

In summary, it is key to get organized for game development as it will help you strive towards your goal. I myself have seen many games fail because they do not have the organization skills.

Hopefully this is relevant towards Roblox. And yes, this topic IS about organization and deadlines.

11 Likes