How to get rid of "Error while loading thumbnail"

I had some images that were uploaded and removed. Since then Roblox Studio constantly complains thumbnail can’t be loaded. How do I get rid of these error messages?

8 Likes

Use a different image?

If they’ve been removed, then they’re not allowed to be used in-game

I am already using a different image. My issue is I keep getting error messages saying thumbnails for the removed images cannot be loaded to Studio.

Are they images uploaded through studio?

If so, you’ll need to go into the game explorer and delete them from there also

1 Like

I did delete them from game explorer. these images do not exist in my game anymore. It’s just Studio is keep trying to load their thumbnails for some reason.

1 Like

Did you try to restart studio after deleting them

Yap. It’s there for days now. When I create a new image label, scroll down to image property and click on it, then little window shows up. It shows you list of all the images you published in Roblox so far with their thumbnails. The ones that are causing the problem show up N/A whereas other ones are fine. Namely, the problematic thumbnails are the images I removed. Maybe Studio is complaining about this thumbnail loading and it can’t?

2 Likes

Have you tried using Preload to load the assets before player joins the game? Does this error occur in online mode?

You might also be using the wrong ID, don’t take image IDs from the website, insert the decal into ROBLOX Studio and get the ID from the decal ID.

No, these error messages don’t happen in game at all. This happens when you open the Studio. There is no option to remove thumbnails for removed images.

2 Likes

@Kurdiez Did you ever solve this? Roblox randomly disallowed my image (which said 10xp) and now I have this same annoying thumbnail error every time I open studio!

I had the same problem. Upon opening Roblox Studio, an error showed about not loading a thumbnail. In Roblox Studio I went to “Game Explorer”, expanded the “Images” folder, found the name of the image not loading, and removed it. Closed Roblox Studio, reopened, and error was gone.

4 Likes