How to give place access to group only?

I know there’s a way to do this with a script, but I thought there was a website/studio feature so I’m asking just to be sure.

So I have a group-owned place. Is there a way to grant access to this place to only certain ranks in the group? I’m pretty sure this was a feature before but I can’t find it, so just in case if anyone knows. This might sound pretty basic, but honestly, I can’t find it.

I have checked to see if this feature is still available but I don’t think it is anymore and plus since nobody has replied to this topic in 2hours+ now so I’m not to sure.

If this helps you can make your game only playable by group members with this script:

local Players = game:GetService("Players")

local Group = 000000000 -- Put your group ID here

local InGroup = false

local function IsAGroupMember(Player)
	for _, Player in pairs(Group) do
		if Player:IsInGroup(Player) then
			InGroup = true
		end
	end

return InGroup
end

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(Player)
	if not IsAGroupMember(Player) then
		print("Not a valid group member!")
	end
end)

When a player joins, you can check their rank in the group. Each role in the group has a number (the “rank”) associated with it, you can check it in group configuration. Usually Member has rank 1, and Owner has rank 255.

local minimumRankToJoin = ???
local rank = player:GetRankInGroup(groupId)
if rank < minimumRankToJoin then
    player:Kick()
end

(you would put this in your PlayerAdded function)

You can’t do it on studio in the blue collaborate button (or whatever is called) at top right? (if your game is made inside a group)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.