How to make a springy rope?

I’ve looked up things and talked to other devs and can’t seem to get a answer to the question. Basiclly as you can see in this gif https://gyazo.com/5e8e8325e4d33b96196f6029918d4de9, when the fighter touches the rope it moves as a rope would if you where to hit it/lean on it. I’m looking to achieve this affect.

I’ve tried: Connecting Cylinders With BallInSocketContraints/Hinges/Rope Contraints and using rope constraints in general which don’t work because you can’t collide with them.

rbxassetid://2095423883

On this model I was given by a fellow dev, it uses beams and ballinsocket constraints to achieve a effect similar to what I want, the only issue is I have no idea how I can make the beam look like a boxing rope.

3 Likes

invisible parts connected with springs should work. you can set the number of spring curls to 0 and it will look like a rope.

1 Like

The search button is your friend.

3 Likes

I’m a little confused as to why he was posting this again, as that post you linked was also his.

3 Likes

Because I thought I found a solution because when I sampled 1 or 2 cylinders using the solution in that thread it worked fine, asoon as I made more cylinders or longer cylinders it just started spazzing out

2 Likes

If I don’t anchor the parts they just fall off, even the part connected to the post that is anchored falls if I don’t anchor it. If you mean to have me touch the springs to make them move, thats not possible because springs arent collidable.

1 Like

You could attach springs to parts (the parts are collideable) and the springs can retain them in position.

This dosen’t work either, the parts connected with the springs have to be anchored or they disapear. And if they’re anchored its not going to move

1 Like

Then you obviously aren’t attaching them properly.
Are you clicking on the Spring in the Create tool at the top of Studio and then selecting both the Parts you want to join the Spring to? You may have to manually change the Attachment Positions to get them to align to the correct spots.

Well I tried it out a bit and it does seem to work but is just really springy and moves all over the place. I couldn’t get it (a part with springs on each end) to sit still. I don’t think springs are the way to go here…