How to make Admin Commands

This tutorial will have the example of one way. In this tutorial i will show you how to make Admin Commands

• 1 Make a script in ServerScriptService.
  • 2 Make a table with the Admins:
local Admins = {"baum2409", "Player1"}
  • 3 Lets make the script check if the player chatted:
game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	plr.Chatted:Connect(function(message)
		for i,v in pairs(Admins) do -- Checks if Player is a Admin.
			if plr.Name == v then

end
		end
	end)
end)
  • 4 Lets split the message:
local SplitMessage = message:split(" ")

or

local SplitMessage = string.split(message, " ")
  • 5 Lets make a example command:
if SplitMessage[1] == "/example" then
						local toprint = SplitMessage[2]
						print(toprint)
					end

I hope you have a great day and i hope you like this tutorial!

5 Likes

Yay! Maybe you could actually show us how to make the admin command to something, though.

2 Likes

Maybe not what you want but my kill commands(not the best but it works):

if SplitMessage[1] == "/kill" then
					local Player = SplitMessage[2]

if not Player then plr.Character:FindFirstChild("Humanoid").Health = 0 return end

if Player == "me" or Player == "Me" or Player == "" then
						local Character = plr.Character
						Character:FindFirstChild("Humanoid").Health = 0
					elseif Player == "all" or Player == "All" then
						for _,Plr in pairs(game.Players:GetPlayers()) do
							Plr.Character:FindFirstChild("Humanoid").Health = 0
						end
					else
						if game.Players:FindFirstChild(Player) then
							game.Players:FindFirstChild(Player).Character:FindFirstChild("Humanoid").Health = 0
						end
					end
				end
1 Like

This is a nice start for an admin system but nowhere near a proper one.

You don’t even include string:lower() incase a user accidently spells the command with too many uppercase letters nor do you include any abbreviations for your commands making them hard to use.

Any good admin system requires both of those and that’s just the basics. I recommend rewriting your community resource and making it much more in depth and advanced so that the users/developers reading actually understand what you’re trying to show them instead of people just copy-pasting your code and not knowing how to properly make commands.

4 Likes

I don’t recommend using usernames to your admin commands. Use IDs instead, that’s something everyone needs to know even if it’s easier with usernames.

4 Likes

‘Kick’ command I just made(will need variables from above as well as inside the scope):

local commandText = SplitMessage[1]:lower() --Getting a lowercase version of the command name
local prefix = '!' -- A prefix to start off the message
local command = commandText:gsub('%'..prefix, '')  --Get the command without prefix
if command == 'kick' then --If the command is 'kill'
        local Player = SplitMessage[2]:lower() --Get the username from the SplitMessage index and make it lowercase.
        if Player == "me" Player == "" then --If the player mentioned is 'me' or nothing
		        local Character = plr.Character or plr.CharacterAdded:Wait() --Get the player. If not there, wait.
		        Plr.Character:Kick("You have been kicked from the game by an administrator.") --Kick the user
		elseif Player == "all" or Player == "a" then --If the player mentioned is 'all' or 'a'
						for _,Plr in pairs(game.Players:GetPlayers()) do --Loop through the players
							Plr.Character:Kick("You have been kicked from the game by an administrator.") --Kick the user
							end
		else --If none of the conditionals above were ran
					 	for _,Plr in pairs(game.Players:GetPlayers()) do --Loop through the players
							if Plr.Name:lower() == Player then -- If the player's name lowercased is equal to the Player provided
								end
							end
		end
end

P.S. The first three lines you can use to create your own commands system using the same command if statement I just used.

6 Likes