How to make Interesting Portfolios

Hello, my name is Skeleton and I’ve decided to help out the ROBLOX Dev community on portfolios so here goes nothing.

About me Tips

Instead of saying how long you have been making [creation] and when you joined Roblox, you should also specify your age and why you like doing what you do. (E.g. Hi, my name Is [Name] And I love making [Creation] because [reason…] I am also [Age] years old. I’ve been on Roblox ever since [Year]! Some previous titles I have worked on are [Game] and [Game]. I’ve also been making [creation] for about [Date].)

Showcase Tips

People most often show work that they are proud of, Instead of that YOU can maybe give the Creation a little bit of description and maybe a little story. Show your friends your creation and see what they think.

Payment Tips

Tell your audience what you most prefer as your payment. If you prefer percentages then give out a reasonable percentage, not some percentage that will make you seem greedy. If it’s Robux then say how much you charge per asset or hour. **NEVER EVER Make your accepted payment too much otherwise you will NOT get hired.**Your Accepted payment has to match upon how good it is on what you make

Contact Info Tips

Give out your preferred Social media or your Email.
(Thank you for reading this I hope You use this in the future and become Successful!)
I will try to keep this as updated as possible

BONUS

In my experience of being a Dev, People most prefer Hiring people that can Do multiple things such as being able to script and make GFX. This will most likely boost up your payment

11 Likes

Why thank you! I wish you the best of luck in the further upcoming years!

1 Like

I think this should be changed to “price your services accordingly”. 1. Because pricing “too much” is too vague and 2. because it ultimately all depends on the quality of the service able to be provided.

For example, there are some GFX designers who charge $100 for a thumbnail, but then when I see their work, I do totally understand how much effort is going into it and the quality of the services they provide is at the highest level. Furthermore, they get plenty of business even with this price. However, when a much less-experienced graphics designer attempts to charge the same amount for a far inferior product, they obviously don’t find success.

The issue isn’t that the price is absolutely too high, the issue is that the price is too high relative to the value of the service that they can provide. I think that might be an important thing to clarify in this thread :slight_smile:

Yes sorry for the Not good enough Vocabulary i made this tutorial for people who SPECIFICALLY Want to understand how to and what some things might mean but hey these are just my tips. and by too much i also mean by the quality because lets say someone make an extremely good GFX thing right? They cant just charge 3M+ Robux or something like that.

Please share this tutorial with others so that way they too understand and dont go making bad portfolios thank you!

Hey, I think your advice helps people who want to create a portfolio but in my honesty, I think people need more help at creating recruitment posts since I can see how people are constantly giving very bad pay (5% percentage for the scripter), poor grammar, and fail to detail their post sufficiently.

There are a few other portfolio tutorials as well so this isn’t the only one.

I’ve already wrote a similar Thread months ago,

Did it not show up in search nor before you posted it?

and also this guy before you

You aren’t suppose to make duplicate threads unless it’s outdated

1 Like

Thanks! Hoping to get a portfolio for myself done soon, so this is useful.

I’ve removed the tag from your title–that’s what the “optional tags” section is for. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately this is not substantial enough for Community Tutorials, most of this information is covered by the Portfolio template. Other users have also already covered this topic in depth.