How to make the player can only take one thing in his backpack

I want the player to be able to take only one thing in his backpack

Elaborate. Your question is too vague

1 Like

how can i make the player can only have one thing in his backpack (only one tool in his inventory).

1 Like

you check how many tools the player has in their backpack, and if it is more than 1 you delete everything except one. I don’t believe that there is any Roblox feature to change backpack size.

1 Like

yes but how i delete other tool?

You can either parent them to nil or :Destroy()

1 Like

If you mean how to delete every tool except one, you need to use for loops.
Iterate through your table yourbackpack:GetChildren()
Then delete your value except for one specific thing, this could be the first or the last entry in the table for example.

1 Like

@Thw_cowl @Veesuuu
This isn’t a great Solution, I’ll Provide 2 Solutions.
For One Solution, you should create a System where you get the number of Tools the Player has, you should create a table, add the item into that table using table.insert and use table.getn() or #Table to get the items, you should then check if the number is greater than or equal to 1 and then decide what to do:

if #Table > 0 then -- greater than 0
    return
else
   -- Equip the new Tool
end

And then if you want to remove the Tool, check if they have it in their Character or Backpack to determine if they have it or not, if they dont, use table.remove() to remove the item.
It would be very efficient rather than Removing or Destroying them.

Another Solution would be to turn off the Backpack CoreGui, then create a Event for an Input, to turn off the Backpack, you would do use StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled() to do so:

game.StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack, false)

So then you should check if the Player clicks a Button using UserInputService to do so, You would have something like:

local UIS = game:GetService("UserInputService") -- Service
local Player = game.Players.LocalPlayer -- Player
local Char = Player.Character or Player.CharacterAdded:Wait() -- Players Character

UIS.InputBegan:Connect(function(input, gameProccessedEvent) -- Event
	if not gameProccessedEvent then -- if Input was made within the Game
		if input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.One then -- if KeyCode is equal to certain key
			Char.Humanoid:EquipTool(Tool) -- Equips Tool
		end
	end

end)

Both Solutions work, and shouldn’t be that hard to do, plus, doesn’t require your Destroying or Removing anything

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.