How to make the players tool they are holding move around like in fps games (Solved!)

I have been making games on the roblox platform for 4 years
and for 1 year of that I have been programming,

I have got a bit into it and finally made my first gun using a free model gun MODEL and
a base script that didnt look great
for 5 months I designed my gun to have animations gun drops chamber bullets and even the bullet models hammer hits the bullet and it comes out, with all this work I finally got to make it look nice

but now that I test it, the players arms dont follow the mouse and when you look down the hands are still holding up, it looks really bad.

how do I make it look like games like arsenal where the hands are always infront of the camera?

IF YOU NEED HELP ON DOING IT FOLLOW A TUTORIAL FOR R6 MOST ARE FOR ONE GUN AT A TIME BUT EASILY YOU CAN MAKE ALL TOOLS STAY IN FRONT:D

2 Likes

You use separate ViewModels arms. Most FPS games don’t actually use the character arms but rather ViewModels.

1 Like

How would I do that though?
Im very confused as to what you mean

A viewmodel is a model which is placed in front of the player’s camera when they are in first person and usually set to always match the camera’s rotation, which seems to be what you want. The player’s actual arms/weapon is hidden.

Try searching the DevForum for posts about viewmodels for details on how they are implemented in Roblox.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.