How to optimize a large mass of land? Is it even worth it?

I am making a large scale map. The map itself is about 10kx10k studs of voxels. I know that this isn’t exactly the most performance-friendly size but I was wanting to know if Streaming Enabled would be efficient enough on its own to handle the sheer scale I am working at. If not is there any reasonable way to make a chunk loading system to unload unnecessary memory usage.

I am already instancing a lot of my assets. I am using at most three types of foliage and two types of rocks. I don’t have very large part density either. I have at most 50 parts in any given area. All of my foliage assets are set to automatic render fidelity. The main issue is the amount of terrain. I want to figure out how to unload it if I can.

Well I am working on a game similar to yours: large map, realistic assets, precise render fidelity, ect ect. So far, StreamingEnabled is the best solution I can think of, to have the map streamed to the players as they go along, so the intense size of the map and all the assets won’t constantly be clouding up their network and computer. I don’t think it will be a problem.

Do you recommend any settings?

It seems when the server starts is when it’s the worst