How to scroll horizontally on ScrollingFrame?

I have a scrollingframe with a horizontal scrollbar. Right now I have to drag the bar with my mouse to move it around, as scrolling only seems to work vertically (even though there is no vertical scrollbar).

My expected behaviour is that scrolling the mouse vertically should move the bar horizontally if that’s the only bar available. Sorry apparently this is not a common behaviour, not even for webpages.

I guess I can rotate it 90 degrees instead. But I’m wondering if there’s a property I might have missed? I tried the ScrollingDirection to no avail.

Edit: Rotating it 90 degrees was very messy. I’ll make this a feature request or script the horizontal scrolling manually. I realized the behaviour I want is uncommon and there probably isn’t a property for this.

4 Likes

Computer mice are normally built with horizontal scrolling features (pushing the scroll wheel to the left and right, additional buttons or even another wheel), see if you can find them on yours. Scrolling vertically to navigate horizontally would definitely make usage more difficult.

I do have a second wheel used for horizontal scrolling, but that one scrolls vertically in Roblox too (scrolls horizontally fine in websites).

I don’t think scrolling vertically to navigate horizontally would be that confusing if the GUI only has that option? For me that’s how it should behave intuitively that’s why I made this post thinking there has to be a property for this.

Anyway I opted for a scripting solution. Apparently wheel event doesn’t work for scrollingframe so I overlayed a normal frame.

1 Like