How to stop custom character from tilting when walking into parts?

How can I stop my Skinned-Mesh custom character from tilting when he walks into parts?

This only happens when he walks into a part that is shorter than him.
I would usually be fine with it, but now the tilting has caused one of my raycasting scripts to stop working (as the player is angled, no longer facing in front of them)

I’ve looked for solutions everywhere, but haven’t been able to find an answer. Any help is appreciated!

Have you messed with the hip height of the humanoid? This was an issue for me a while ago and I ended up fixing it (don’t remember exactly how). If changing hip height doesn’t work, reply here and I can help you further.

(I’ve seen your videos on this game btw, keep it up!)

1 Like

Hey, thanks :slight_smile:
Currently the hipheight is 0.05 or 0.1 (not sure as i’m not on my laptop atm)
I’ll try playing with the hipheight later but I don’t think that’s the issue.

It looks like the skinned mesh is colliding with the part while the humanoid’s collision box is above that height, so it’s trying to continue pushing you over. Maybe if you remove the skinned meshes collision and then add a HumanoidRootPart as your collision box.

Hello! I want to start by saying that I’ve watched all of your devlogs and I love them, you are doing a great job. I’ve been having the same issue for hours now and I came across this page thinking I could fix it, but instead I found a way. Any character normally has all of its parts uncollidable apart from the UpperTorso and LowerTorso, but when I imported my custom rig through the “Mesh Importer” Beta Feature and made all parts uncollidable apart torsos, it would just fall through the map until it reached the torso:
Imgur
After making everything collidable, I had the same result as you, and to fix that, import your character in the Avatar Importer (in the Plugins tab) and select Custom instead. It is much easier and roblox takes care of that for you. After that, make everything uncollidable apart the UpperTorso and LowerTorso and it should work fine, let me know if it worked! :smile:

Before:

After:

(This is only a demo with no animations)

1 Like

All of my characters are already custom as they are skinned mesh with bones. I ended up just making the Torso a really small part in the player’s feet and it fixed it.

1 Like

Oh, I guess that works too. I changed my skinned mesh to only a meshpart with bones aswell and tried the “collidablehitbox” method and it still works. Well great to hear that you fixed it! :smile:

1 Like