How to tell if ur game got an backdoor (and how to get rid of backdoor)

Greetings! Lemme guess, you came here because your game got backdoored and random bad things are happening now? Well, look no further. I will tell and teach you how to get rid of it. (spoiler alert, this is first time i teach somebody lol)

Signs of your game getting backdoored

• Random players join the game and execute scripts that replicate to the whole server like 18+ scripts, MML admin, and etc. (including the require() modules)

• Random botted shirts being prompted for players to buy them.

• Server Lag, or like we all know it: Ticks Per Seconds (TPS) Drop

• Players getting teleported to [ Content Deleted ] - Roblox (players can be also be teleported to other games besides this one!)

• Servers that get Noot Nooted, Toad Roasted, Goofy Goober’ed and others (and yes goofy goober, noot noot and toad roast is real, search it if you dont believe me tho)

There are many examples, but i wont type in every single of them, because the list will be boring and will reach the letter limit.

So, what you can do to fight the backdoor or prevent it?

1. I’d recommend checking all of the plugins. Look out for fake versions of popular plugins, and also watch out for bot names (for instance, RobloxTopModels2020)

2. Check all your scripts, or even more easier, do Ctrl + Shift + F. Then look for suspisious script actions such as:

require, getfenv, synapse, synapsexen, loadstring, setfenv.

1. Run an anti-virus scan. No, not your computer anti-virus, but your Roblox Studio anti-virus plugin. Its time-saving and its done in a single click. HOWEVER! This depends on what anti-virus plugin you have. I’d recommend Server Defender currently: it doesnt search script names only, but also searches the scripts inside.

TL;DR (too long, didnt read): Section for those who know what happening to their game but want to clean their game from the backdoor as soon as possible.

1. Check the plugins.
  2. Run an anti-virus scan.

Thats all, folks. Let me know if it helped you! Good luck next time! Cheers!:wink:

What is the purpose of this topic if it has been done multiple times?

Use the Search function before doing new Topic. There is high chance that it has been done before.

2 Likes

There are already multiple tutorials about discovering malicious scripts in your game. Make sure you use the search bar in the future to avoid creating duplicate posts.