How to turn off ClassicChat

Hi there. Right, so I have run into a little issue especially with Roblox updating the Roblox Studio settings so there isn’t a button to turn off ClassicChat and BubbleChat. So far there are a lot of topics and resources on turning on BubbleChat as it’s automatically set off by default.

However my problem is turning ClassicChat off. I have already tried going into Players > turning it off from there, but it is grey and I cannot click it.

Is there a script, or one similar to the ReplicatedFirst script that disables ClassicChat? Thanks so much to anyone that can help :slight_smile:

For your information, this is the script I put into ReplicatedFirst and it works fine:

local ChatService = game:GetService("Chat")
ChatService:RegisterChatCallback(Enum.ChatCallbackType.OnCreatingChatWindow, function()
	return {BubbleChatEnabled = true}
end)

return {ClassicChatEnabled = false}

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn’t work.

Have you tried watching a YouTube video, Because I have seen 1 that shows how to remove ClassicChat but I can explain to you If you want

I’ve run into this problem before. It’s a weird process, however it works.

1. Playtest your game, go to Explorer > Chat > ClientChatModules. Copy that then end the playtest.

2. Paste the folder into Chat.

3. Open the folder and delete everything except ChatSettings.

4. Open ChatSettings and scroll down until you see this:

module.BubbleChatEnabled = PlayersService.BubbleChat == true
module.ClassicChatEnabled = PlayersService.ClassicChat == true

From there, you can set whatever you need to set to true or false. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Use SetChatStyle in the command bar.

2 Likes

This is going to help you for sure and this is the only was as of now to get Bubble Chat

Thanks so much that really helped!