How to use Caged Mesh Deformer (having issues)

Hey Guys! I’m currently having an issue with Caged Meshes; it’s my first time trying to use them, and I’ve ran into a few errors

How I’m Trying To Do It:

Basically I have a mesh deformation R6 Rig I’ve made

It’s rigged and UV mapped, just like how an r15 rig is

The issue is, attachments don’t work on mesh deformation rigs. As you can see, I’ve attempted to put them on, but that was to no avail as they didn’t deform with the rig

I’ve then tried to follow this tutorial to try to use Caged Meshes, So what i’ve done is made a placeholder “sphere” above the head and given it full weight painting of the neck, shown in the video below

As you can see, it fully works within blender. I then exported it with the sphere and rig bones selected:

i just pressed export fbx after this

Then, within studio, I imported it via the “custom” object on the avatar importer

I’ve then added a wrap layer to the sphere and a wrap target to the torso of the mesh, and then clicked copy to on the plugin

The results are weird

Hopefully this explains the issue pretty well, and I don’t really know what I should do for the Cage Mesh Id , even thought i’ve looked across many resources including roblox’s own announcement on it (I’m a bit slow lol).

Could anyone explain how I could fix this?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Bump! I’m still having issues with this, and would really appreciate some help!

1 Like