How to use the Roblox App Beta (Mac & Windows)

It’s gonna be added when the Windows testing gets done. The code that is used for mobile is basically the one here. It’s all coded kind of inside Roblox itself. With Luau code. So they can use the same code for multiple platforms. So it shodun’t be hard for them to release it to Mac later.

3 Likes

Mac hasn’t been Roblox’s main focus for years. For example, Studio is still as clunky as ever on Mac and doesn’t seem to be changing anytime soon.

6 Likes

The app has to be better than the website, or I’m not using it. But the UI its so clean…

3 Likes

The avatar editor is like MAGICAL, it’s REALLY good since it’s the mobile one.

The menu is really good too, the convience of moving from game to game easily without opening a browser, OOOH.

7 Likes

Okay, wow. Roblox is going to be missing a ton of players then.

4 Likes

Who do you think you are? No, you cannot make me feel lonely! Like I already am. :tired_face: :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Funny how mobile got better ui than pc from the start lol

@CompleteBroken If I’m not mistaken, you may be able to go in your files and see if the RobloxPlayerBeta.exe is in the folder.

Issue with that:

I have recently searched my Windows PC’s AppData folder and when looking through the Roblox one for something, I didn’t come across any Beta launcher. I probably didn’t see it but idk :man_shrugging: (is it hidden?)

5 Likes

That’s because RobloxPlayerBeta.exe isn’t specifically the beta app, it’s the actual GAME. RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe is the same file as the one you download Roblox btw. And for some reason, it’s the same little flag you activate to open the actual game which is --app.

3 Likes

I had no idea this could be done so easily.
Good job on finding this. I hope they won’t block it.

2 Likes

Doing this wont get you in to trouble with Roblox right?

1 Like

No don’t worry, I don’t know why people spread misinformation about that stuff sometimes. It’s literally just an app.

3 Likes

How can you be so sure about that?

3 Likes

Buttons are unresponsive, its extremely laggy, touchpad support is next to nothing, and multiple minor features such as the “plus” icon in the Explorer tab next to every Instance do not show up. All in all, Studio on Mac is needing major maintenance.

4 Likes

Everyone knows that though… Every mac user ever complaining about Roblox being incompetent with Mac platforms.

1 Like

That suggests neglect, not a lack of focus.

Yes, neglect.

1 Like

That’s the same thing anyways. It results in the same not-caring for Mac anyways. That’s not an argument to defend Roblox.

4 Likes

Finally i can use this again, its been so long!

4 Likes

It isn’t the same thing… at all…

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been looking for this for sooo long! :eyes:

4 Likes

You also got it removed from your account? Cuz recently I had an alt that got it and then the prompt just dissapeared…

3 Likes