How would I create a lobby/queue system?

So, you know Hypixel Bridge right? Well, I am needing a queue system basically identical to it for a solo project I’m currently working on. I’m not sure how I can achieve this but I am creating this post to ask a few questions:

1. Can you create and delete places inside a Roblox game via code?
  2. Can you access the places via code.
  3. Can you make the main game the lobby to queue to these places.
  4. And if it is possible/needed can I limit the number of places that can be made?

If you do not know what Hypixel Bridge is well then the queue system is basically how the Roblox Bedwars queue system is.

I’ve been looking all over the forums, all over YouTube and basically, anywhere I should be able to find what I’m looking for. Couldn’t find anything after a few days so that is why I’m making this post.

Also, I’m not sure if this is in the correct topic, but I think it is the most appropriate. Please let me know if I should change it.

Cheers!
-PitaPata :slightly_smiling_face:

The new MemoryStoreService (announcement) is actually perfect for this as it spans across all game servers. If you set your starting place to your lobby or hub this can easily be done. You should look into TeleportService and ReserveServer as well.

1 Like

I will look into this, thanks. You helped alot.

Also, are multiple people allowed to teleport in it, like for example if someone teleports in it and its 1 / 2, and then like 30 seconds later the 2nd can? (sorry if I didn’t word my sentences correctly, im tired for some reason.)

Anyone can teleport into the reserved server at any time, even if nobody is in it. Only the server can do this though, which prevents users from joining any server themselves.

Access codes remain valid indefinitely, meaning reserved servers can still be joined if no game server is running (in this case a new game server will be started)

You can reserve a server for a specific match and store the returned data from ReserveServer into the a matchmaking memory store which you could set up to contain temporary match ids and get the server code from there you can use TeleportToPrivateServer to teleport only specific players to it.

Go to #help-and-feedback:scripting-support please

1 Like

#help-and-feedback:scripting-support is for people that already wrote something.

It isn’t only for people that wrote something already. It’s also for people with general questions about how to script something or where they can learn how to. I suggest that you switch this to #help-and-feedback:scripting-support or else someone might flag you.